- Diet & Weight Loss
How to Lose Weight With Apple Cinnamon Water
I just opened the email for the annual Biggest Loser contest in my school last week, and while I don't participate in the competition, I, like many people, are on a quest to lose weight. New Year's resolutions aside, this has been something I have been working towards with slow success for the past several months. I have periods of time where I lose, periods of time where I manage and times when I gain.
It's easy to get sucked into fad diets and quick ways to lose weight, but when it comes down to it, it's all about modifying your lifestyle and eating healthier foods in moderation. This doesn't stop me from browsing all the websites that describe this way to lose weight or another.
A few weeks ago I came across a website on Pinterest with a recipe for Apple Cinnamon Detox Water. It is not a drink to replace meals or anything like that, but goes off the fact that apples and cinnamon help to boost your metabolism and that by drinking more water, you can in fact fend off cravings and ultimately end up eating less. As a teacher, it is hard to get all of my water intake for the day in anyway and I have been at a standstill for a few weeks in terms of my weight, so I figured I would give it a try.
The recipe is listed below, but I want to make note that this is not my recipe and it is from the website I found on Pinterest.
The Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Water
- 1 Apple (any variety), Sliced
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Jug, Water
- Slice up an apple. It can be any variety, but the website says that Fugi is better for sweeter water.
- Put sliced apple and whole cinnamon stick in the bottom of a pitcher. I did not have cinnamon sticks, so I put about a tablespoon of ground cinnamon into a coffee filter and tied it up so it wouldn't leak into the water. My pitcher is 1 gallon, so you may want to adjust the amount of cinnamon you use depending on your taste and the amount of water you use.
- Fill pitcher half way with ice and then fill with water.
- Let the water sit for at least 10 minutes in the fridge before drinking.
- You can use the same apple and cinnamon for 4-5 refills of the pitcher.
Will You Try Apple Cinnamon Detox Water?
I had been on a weight plateau for several weeks prior to the Apple Cinnamon Water. I tried to drink the entire gallon of water throughout the day, while maintaining a healthy diet of approximately 1300 calories a day.
The first week I drank the water, I quickly lost 4 pounds. When the weekend came, I wasn't so good in terms of the food I was eating (late nights, fast food, etc.), but still drinking the water, I only gained 2 pounds back. After three days back on the water with healthy food, those 2 pounds plus another came off again.
While I know I'm not losing any fat necessarily, and that this would be considered water weight, I think the Apple Cinnamon Water does help to get that weight off. Whether it's the metabolism boost or the fact that I'm trying to drink more water, it is working. Not only that, it is absolutely delicious!
Whether you are stuck at a standstill, are trying to keep with the New Year's Resolution, have just joined a Biggest Loser competition at work or are just looking for a way to help with the weight loss, I would give the Apple Cinnamon Detox Water a chance! What, besides weight, do you have to lose?