- Alternative & Natural Medicine
How to Make A Castor Oil Pack to Relieve Pain
Castor oil packs are an alternative to traditional medicines and are very easy to make. They are beneficial in a number of ways, especially women who are suffering from pain in their abdomen areas because of fibroids or menstrual cycle cramps. When first using the castor oil pack, use it by either sleeping with it over the stomach every other day for three weeks or for an hour everyday for three weeks with a heating pad or a hot water bottle laying over it. Do not use it when you are on your menstrual cycle. While using the castor oil pack for an hour, relax and meditate. Here is how to make a castor oil pack.
Boil water and place the flannel cloth into the water. You may want to place the flannel cloth over your stomach first just to make sure it covers the entire area.
Take the flannel cloth out of the water and saturate it with the castor oil.
Place the flannel cloth over the stomach area. Press firmly so it will stick.
Wrap saran wrap around your stomach and back so the castor oil pack will stay in place.
Last, if you are going to sleep with the castor oil pack, place a heating pad on low over it. If you are only going to use it for an hour, it should stay warm from boiling it. Or you can use a hot water bottle or heating pad as well.
· If you have fibrocystic breasts, you can place a castor oil pack on your breasts as well.
· Castor oil packs are also good to help relax sore muscles.
· After using, rinse off the area and place the castor oil pack in a zip lock bag in the fridge. You can use again up to 20 times. You may have add some more castor oil to it.
· Don't use during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy or breast feeding.
· Do not use as the only treatment. Consult a doctor or your wellness consultant.