- Diet & Weight Loss
How to Motivate Your Kids to Lose Weight by Exercises & Dieting
Kids and Exercises
Proper body fitness of kids is absolutely necessary for well-being, high stamina, happiness, success, and trouble-free life. The overweight or obese kids are more likely to suffer from a variety of health-related troubles and diseases at present or in future. The most common of these troubles and diseases are breathing problems, joint pains, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart problems or diseases, etc. Again, obesity restricts kids from doing something freely or eating something lavishly, and from entering into many fields of professions, services, or commercial activities. Therefore, parents ought to care for the healthy weight and body fitness of their kids. In Fact, parents can certainly play a great role in maintaining sound health and right body fitness of their kids, the age of who may vary from 5 to 11 years, or even up to 18 years.
Judging Overweight or Obesity
One very popular means to determine whether your kid is overweight, is the Body Mass Index [BMI] Percentile. The BMI is based on age and sex of children, and measures a person’s body weight according to his/her body height. If your kid’s BMI falls within the 84th percentile, then his/her weight is regarded as healthy, and this means that his/her BMI is greater than the BMI of 83 percent of kids of the same age and sex. A person is said to be overweight if his/her BMI ranges from 85th to 94th percentile. Persons having a BMI greater than the 95th percentile, are termed as obese, and therefore, require prompt attention.
For Best Results, Both Proper Dieting and Exercises are Advisable
A remarkable weight loss can easily and quickly be achieved, if a kid follows both the weight loss diet plan, and the weight loss exercises. Hence, the eating habits and activities of your kids must be observed and regulated, to make them healthy and fit. Here, it must be noted that the weight-loss exercises of your kids should preferably be recreational ones, to suit his/her tastes and likes. Parents should instill in their kids the great importance of exercises and healthy foods, for remaining healthy and fit, throughout life. If possible try to do some exercise with your kids.
Some of the highly elegant, effective, and easier tips on weight-loss exercises and dieting, are presented below, to help parents and kids of the world over:
Read My Book
- To burn calories, running and jogging for at least 20-30 minutes, are highly efficacious besides being easy and simple.
- Make your kids know about the playing games or activities which keep kids active, and help them in selecting anyone or more such games or activities. At least 60 minutes of physical activity per day is very helpful for remaining healthy and fit, and is therefore, commonly recommended. Some of these activities could be rope skipping, riding their bikes on paths near home, walking or running with the family dog, swimming, playing games like tag in the backyard, jumping jacks, etc.
- 25 push-ups and sit-ups every day regularly, are very effective for tighten one’s stomach and greater arm strength.
- Some light to vigorous Aerobic activities.
- To burn fat, sports are immensely helpful. Kids can select any sports to suit his/her capabilities and likes. These sports could be Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Baseball, Hockey, Gymnastics, Badminton, etc. Tell your kids to enjoy the physical benefits of sports also, along with focusing on winning or losing.
- Equipments like The Treadmills, Stationary Bikes, Stair Steppers, etc., are very supportive to weight loss.
- Tell your kids to prefer cycling to riding on bus, whenever possible.
- Minimize the consumption of junk foods. Food items containing high sugar or fat, such as sweets, sugary drinks, cakes, cookies, biscuits, chips, fries, etc., should be avoided. Consumption of fruit and vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds, low-fat dairy products, lean meats and poultry, soya products and beverages, green tea, beans and peas, fish and seafood, and so on should be encouraged.
- Limit the TV watching time to no more than two hours per day.
- Other Cardiovascular exercises, or the resistance/strength trainings, may also be utilized for burning more fat, if necessary.