How to Prevent Hair Loss When You are Pregnant
Hair fall during pregnancy is known to affect as many as 50%-70% of women so perhaps you are not alone if you are pregnant and suffering from hair loss. The medical term for post pregnancy hair loss is ‘telogen effluvium’.
Hair loss is said to occur after delivery of the baby primarily after 2-3 months. However, hair loss during pregnancy is completely normal and is said to occur due to fluctuating hormones in the body. Apart from this, during pregnancy the hair is said to go in the resting phase and after pregnancy they return back to normalcy and thereby hair fall. This hair fall phase might last for around 6 months or so and then it automatically stops. Read: Foods to make your hair grow faster.
How to Prevent Hair Loss In Pregnancy
It is advisable not to take any prescribed medicines to prevent hair loss during pregnancy since it might harm your unborn baby. However there are various other steps which you might take to treat hair loss when you are pregnant.
- Maintain a healthy diet during and after your pregnancy is over. By all means what you eat has a direct effect on not just internal body but on your skin and hair too. Include green leafy vegetables and fruits as much as you can. Read: Vegan Diet During Pregnancy
- Include more of vitamin E and C in diet.
- Try using organic shampoos and conditioners rather than chemical ones.
- Avoid combing your wet hair which is more fragile and delicate and hence tends to fall rapidly.
- Avoid using hair rollers and hair sprays which might pull your hair down.
- Reduce the level of stress and anxiety which is something every woman is exposed to during pregnancy. Stress has a direct effect on your health and of course on your hair too.
- Pregnancy is also known to change the texture of your hair, so it is best to keep your hair moisturized and for this avoid using excessive shampoo on hair and preventing blow drying.
- Choose your shampoo wisely. Go for shampoo which adds volume to your hair. These shampoos are known to be protein rich shampoo. Read: 15 Effective Natural Remedies to Prevent Hair Fall
5 Natural Remedies for Preventing Hair Loss during Pregnancy
Apart from various ways mentioned above for preventing hair loss when you are pregnant there are some effective natural home remedies too which can help you get rid of this excessive hair loss. You may follow any of these to get back your thicker hair naturally after pregnancy.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water whole night and in the morning just make them into a fine paste. Apply this paste on your hair and gently massage a bit so that it covers your entire hair. Fenugreek is said to be quite effective for hair as it not just leads to hair growth but also brings shine to it. You may wash after 3-4 hours.
- Take a bowl and make a mixture of olive oil, rosemary, egg yolk. Also add lemon juice to it. This mixture should then be applied on your hair. It helps in strengthening the hair roots naturally.
- You can also mix castor oil and olive oil together and gently massage your hair with this. It helps in making your hair stronger.
- Aloe vera gel is said to be one of the best when it comes to hair loss. Just apply aloe vera gel on your hair and leave for one hour. Then wash off with water. It brings shine and volume to hair apart from leading to hair growth.
- Mix sage tea and a bit of vinegar and apply on your scalp. Make sure you use your fingertips so that the liquid reaches all through your hair. After 15 minutes rinse your hair.
Best Natural Treatment for Damaged Hair
- Best Natural Treatments for Damaged Hair
If you have hair that appears damaged or dull, or if it appears worn out then this is the right post for you to read.
Maternity Total Body Pillow for Pregnant Women- Are You Buying the Right One?
- Maternity Total Body Pillow for Pregnant Women- Are You Buying the Right One?
Maternity total body pillow helps pregnant women in getting proper sleep at night, these pregnancy pillows are soft and comfortable and helps to get rid of back pain,feet swelling, neck and hip pain.
5 Best Organic Cotton Fitted Nursery Sheets For Your Newborn Baby
- 5 Best Organic Cotton Fitted Nursery Sheets For Your New Born Baby
These nursery sheets, are safe and healthy for your baby being 100%cotton, they are free of chemicals, offers perfect fit and security to newborn
Top 5 Maternity Belly Bands For Post Pregnancy Abdominal Support and Weight Loss
- Top 5 Maternity Belly Bands For Post Pregnancy Abdominal Support and Weight Loss
Top 5 Maternity Belly Bands For Post Pregnancy helps reduce waist size, reduces abdominal and back pain, the pregnancy girdle, maternity belly bands are used postpartum to give support after delivery
3 Best Selling Child Carrier Camping Backpacks For Hiking
- 3 Best Selling Child Carrier Camping Backpacks For Hiking
Looking for baby carrier for hiking, these should be durable, lightweight. The best selling child carrier camping backpacks for hiking should be bought with care, know how to buy the baby carrier
Hair Loss Shampoos
- Most Effective Ways to Lighten Your Skin Color
If you are desirous of lightening your skin complexion, then these easy to use natural remedies will really be liked by you.Apartf from this, know some of the best lightening products for your skin
- How to Prevent Miscarriage Naturally In Pregnancy: Some Useful Tips
How to Prevent Miscarriage Naturally In Pregnancy, some of the causes of miscarriage are unknown but if proper lifestyle changes are adopted along with diet changes, it can lead to fertility chances.
- Best Ways to Prevent Menstrual Acne Naturally
Prevent Menstrual Acne Naturally by following some of the tips and natural remedies which will prevent acne from flaring up during your periods. This type acne occurs due to hormonal changes in body.