How to Relieve Back Pain - Part 3
Congratulate Yourself on Your Success
If you are going to succeed at exercising and strengthening your system so you can achieve back pain relief, you need to address your eating and drinking habits as well.
* You have been told much of your life to drink lots of water. It is critical to your healthy body to focus on about eight 8 oz. glasses of water per day. If you want to help your back recover, you need to give it the best opportunity to succeed.
* While carbonated drinks and other sugary foods taste good, you will now want to avoid them as they are empty calories.
* Eat foods which introduce vitamin B-12 into the system. Vitamin B-12 is found in fish,liver, poultry, and dairy products.
* Critical to the back's well-being is the amount of calcium levels in your body. You can take in milk, cheese, and yogurt help maintain and increase calcuim levels.
* While you are now eating and drinking better, you want to increase your magnesium intake by eating more green vegetables, nuts and whole grains.
Wow, now that you have completed all of these tasks, are you feeling better and in less pain. Let's not forget that if you are going to sit for a long period of time, provide some lumbar support for your lower back. Remember to sit or stand, maintain your back pushed toward your tummy and your shoulders pushed back. Also if you can, when standing or sitting, prop a foot on a step stool or other incline. One of the biggest issues with back pain is the long periods of time sitting at the computer. Raise your computer monitor so you do not have to look down. With your head level, you will not be putting stress on your neck and back. Also, if you do sit for long periods, lean to the right and left so as to keep adjusting your neck and back.
Additional items to incorporate into your regular activities are to walk more as walking helps to strengthen your back muscles. Continue to stretch by bending down to touch your toes and move your back and neck around so you continue to strengthen those muscles.
You have completed these exercises so you should congratulate yourself. You are your way to less pain and a much less stressful life.