How to Relieve Menstrual Cramps Naturally at Home
Menstrual cramps are one thing which every woman fears for sure. It can really be painful and problematic both at the same time since it hampers your every day activities and have a major effect on you psychologically too.
The other name of painful menstrual cramps is dysmenorrheal which implies ‘difficult menstruation’. The pain is basically located in the lower abdomen but sometimes it might move to lower back and thighs too. This pain is also accompanied by severe headache, dizziness and in some of the cases vomiting and nausea too. The pain may vary from woman to woman. Some have light pain while for others it could be too harsh. It usually begins 24 hours before the menses starts and may continue to 48 hours or in some cases to 72 hours too.
Alternative Remedies for Treating Menstrual Cramps in Women
1. Regular exercise: Regular exercise is a must for those suffering with menstrual cramps. It not just eases menses pain but also reduces muscle tension and elevates one’s mood too. Just walk in a park or road for 15-20 minutes to lessen out the pain. When you exercise, a good hormone called as endorphins are released from the pain these are said to be natural pain relievers.
2. Hot Bottle Therapy: If the pain continues for long enough and has become unbearable, you must go for hot bottle therapy. Just take a hot water bottle and wrap it in a towel and place it near on your abdomen. This helps in relieving muscles and thus lessens pain. As heat might injure your skin, so it is recommended not to apply it directly on your skin rather keep a sheet and then apply.
3. Yoga and meditation: Yoga and meditation both helps in straining your mind of all kinds of complexities and tensions, they help in relaxing your body.
4. Bathing: This is something unheard off, but bathing too helps in relieving the menstrual cramps.
Menstrual Heating Pads
Know Menstruation More
12 Foods for Relieving Menstrual Cramps
Apart from the above mentioned alternative remedies for relieving menstrual cramps, it is also important to eat the right kinds of foods in your diet to lessen the pain. Of course, what you eat has a direct effect on your body in periods.
- Fresh Dill: Fresh dill contains calcium in good amount and it also adds flavor to your salad. Include it in your salad during menstrual cramps.
- Sesame seeds: Make a paste of sesame seeds and take it in little amount to get rid of menstrual cramps. These are said to be a good source of calcium.
- Parsley: Parsley is said to be high in minerals and vitamin C. You can even make tea of it and drink, this helps in relieving the pain.
- Salmon: Salmon is said to be rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and thus helps in reducing inflammation caused during menses.
- Dark chocolate: If it is pure dark chocolate then you need to eat it to get rid of menstrual cramps. This helps in relieving your aching muscles.
Menstural Cramp Relief
6. Water: Drink plenty of water during your periods as it helps in relieving menstrual cramps as well as bloating.
7. Green Tea: Green tea should be preferred to get rid of menstrual cramps.
8. Flaxseeds: Menstrual cramps mainly occurs due to production of prostaglandin in the body but intake of flaxseeds is said to reduce it and thereby helps in relieving the intensity of menstrual cramps. Simply sprinkle flaxseed in your salad or else eat it with a cup of yoghurt.
9. Ginger: Ginger is considered to be one of the best natural remedies for relieving menstrual cramps. Most of the women drink ginger tea or else mix to it lemon and honey and drink it. Drink it many times a day at regular intervals to get rid of severe pain. If you don’t like to drink ginger tea then you can also include it in your daily food.
10. Basil: Basil tea too works wonders in helping you get rid of menstrual cramps. Drink it 2-3 times a day and you may even sprinkle cinnamon powder to it, which helps in improving its taste.
11. Buckwheat: It is said to be high in bioflavonoids and thereby reduces excessive bleeding if taken along with vitamin C.
12. Dried Apricots: When there is heavy menstrual bleeding, the iron content in the body gets depleted to a larger extent. Eating dried apricots helps because they are rich in iron content. Also you may eat legumes, shellfish and fortified cereals.
How to Get Rid of Menstrual Cramps Fast
There are certain things which you need to keep in mind when you are having your periods:
- Include more of fruits and vegetables in your diet when you have menses since they are high in vitamins and minerals which your body will need at this time.
- Include more of whole grains in your diet like oats, millets and brown rice.
- Avoid eating sugary products or processed foods during pain.
- Avoid red meat, caffeine and dairy products during this period.
How to Prevent Miscarriage Naturally In Pregnancy: Some Useful Tips
- How to Prevent Miscarriage Naturally In Pregnancy: Some Useful Tips
How to Prevent Miscarriage Naturally In Pregnancy, some of the causes of miscarriage are unknown but if proper lifestyle changes are adopted along with diet changes, it can lead to fertility chances.
Foods to Avoid By Pregnant Women
- Foods to Avoid By Pregnant Women
There are number of foods to be avoided by pregnant women as it might affect the health of mother and unborn child, read on to know about dangerous foods like uncooked meat, eggs, seafood and more
Benefits of Drinking Beetroot Juice
- Benefits of Drinking Beetroot Juice
Ever wondered how beetroot juice can be beneficial to your health and skin, this hub gives you interesting information regarding beetroot juice, how it cures various ailments.
- Herbal Remedy for Frequent Urination
Herbal Remedy for Frequent Urination, know the various herbs avaialble which can ease out the problem of excessive urination, treat urinary tract infection and also calms and soothes the bladder
- How to Cure Back Pain Naturally
get treated for your back pain naturally by herbs like white willow bark, devil's claw, peppermint. massage therapy and acupressure also helps to get rid of back pain naturally
- How to Treat Headaches In Pregnancy
headaches during pregnancy can be treated naturally, go for sleep, acupuncture, aromatherapy. It is good to jog and exercise, take care of your diet. avoid caffeine and alcohol