- Mental Health»
How to Stay Fully Awake all Day
How to Stay fully awake all day
Staying awake all day can feel limitless especially when your day starts at 6:00 a.m. and doesn't end until 11:00 p.m. How in the world are you going to stay awake all day? Do you work for that length of time or are you home for part of the day? What is your day like? Can you stay up all day or do you need to take a nap? Does your day feel limitless with everything you have to do? How many people actually stay fully awake all day? Or is that just a myth. Surely people will get tired throughout the day depending on what they are doing and how much brain power or body power they need to use to get things done right? But the real question is how do you stay fully awake all day without having to take a nap? Or is that even possible?
In my opinion, sure you can stay awake all day from six in the morning until eleven at night, but you are not fully awake by that point. The reason for this is because depending on what you are doing depends on how much your brain and body work. When you expel energy you get tired out, correct? In my opinion, that is correct, so in order to stay fully awake all day, in my opinion, this is what you do. Eat a balanced breakfast, first and for most, then you snack throughout the day to keep your brain functioning properly, drink water, throughout the day. Sure having coffee to wake you up is great right but it only gives you a feeling of wakefulness for a little while and then the caffeine leaves your system and then what happens? You crash and depending on the amount of coffee you drink you can either have a small crash or a huge crash where you fall asleep instantly. Staying fully awake all day is not something you can do limitlessly you do get run down from everything that you do in your day.
If you work where there is a lot of sitting involved remember to get up and move. This is to Keep your blood flowing and it will keep you more awake. Also, switch up your day, for example, if you are working on the computer most of the day, maybe after lunch change it up and do something away from the computer at work like writing with a pen and paper, or filing, or walking to the photocopier to do some copying. Doing this will keep you more awake because you are doing different things rather than the same thing over and over. When you do the same thing over and over for a consecutive number of hours you get tired more quickly because you’re not stimulating different parts of the brain. When you stimulate different parts of the brain your brain stays younger longer.
How to stay fully awake all day
Do you stay fully awake all day?
Seven tips to help you stay awake all day
Here are seven tips to help you stay awake all day or at least for long periods of time according to Google:
1.Drink Coffee One cup of coffee contains roughly 100mg of caffeine, which should be enough to keep you going for three to four hours, drink half a cup every two hours at least so you don't have to deal with a crash from the caffeine.
2. Keep the lights on, signals human bodies are surprisingly susceptible to natural and artificial light when it comes to wakefulness.Light inhibits the pineal gland's production of melatonin, a hormone that appears to facilitate sleepiness. So if you want to stay awake tonight, it's a good idea to keep all your lights on while watching the TV.
3. Chew on something inedible, by chewing signals to your brain that you are eating something, as a result, your body releases insulin to deal with the oncoming onslaught which perks you up, and readies you for the task ahead.
4. Stand Up instead of sitting on the couch keep moving. As I mentioned keeping your blood flowing will keep you awake for longer periods of time, and it is practically impossible to fall asleep, standing up.
5. Hold a pair of keys over the armrest of where you are sitting, if you fall asleep you will drop the keys and they will clatter causing you to jolt awake.
6. Take the T.v. outdoors, aside from being outside for twenty minutes that in turn boosts energy levels, the cold air helps keep you awake.
7. Close your eyes for twenty minutes if you really need to nap anything longer than that can cause you not to sleep later which in turn makes your next day harder to deal with.
So if you are having trouble staying fully awake during the day check out these seven tips. Try some out and see what they do for you, I am going to try some of these tips when I am in a funk and want to sleep rather than stay awake. Also, change what you are doing a couple times an hour it will keep you awake longer. I have found that if I do the same thing over and over again for a consecutive number of hours. I get tired faster, because I am not giving my brain different stimulation to keep it awake, if you brain the same stimulation over and over again throughout the day without changing it up a bit, you will get accustomed to it, and you will get tired faster since your brain isn’t accustomed to doing the same thing over and over again, you don’t want to get bored and not want to do the job that you are doing. So to stay fully awake all day do something different ever couple hours to give your brain a change of pace and a break. You will get more done and won’t be so tired throughout the day because you are thinking of different things rather than the same thing over and over again. How do you stay fully awake all day or do you?
How many people, can say that they stay fully awake all day? I am sure most of us have to ask ourselves the question, have we stayed fully awake today? If you actually ask yourself that question there will be a range of answers, considering most of us don't pay attention to if we stay awake all day or not. When we are awake, we are always busy, doing things with our minds which drain our energy but how do we keep our energy levels up, we eat and move around. That is how to have wakefulness throughout the day am I right?
Staying Awake all Day can be Limitless
Do you think that staying awake all day can be limitless if you have to do it? How can staying awake all day be limitless do you know?