How INTPs Can Tap Into Intuition Amidst the Chaos of the External World
What is Intuition?
Intuition is defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary (2018) as "immediate apprehension or cognition, and or insight".
INTP's Tap into Your Intuition to Find a Solution to a Problem
Questions to Ponder
How can we tap into our intuition if we are distracted by our external environment? We are continuously bombarded with the news, noises, and advertisements on a daily basis. How can we use our intuition to better guide us if we cannot block out all the noises and distractions that surround us?
Well, the answer is not an easy one, but of course, you know that! However, as the old proverb saying goes, "where there is a will there is a way." Some people have a tendency to look for a "way out" or an "escape route" rather than look for a solution that may resolve some of our problems. Maybe the answer is right there staring blankly at us, but we fail to see it for what it is, or maybe we need to shift our focus by changing the way we think and take a break from over-analyzing a particular "problem".
Shift Your Way of Thinking away from the Treacherous Over-analyzing Mindset
You can only put so many layers of paint on the same wall until the paint begins to dry up, chip off and crumble to the floor, revealing the old version of itself. Perhaps, the "wall" didn't need another layer of paint. Maybe the "wall" needs crown molding to help keep it strong and structured, or maybe it needs to get rid of the layers of paint before adding a new layer.
When we fail to change our way of thinking or avoid a problem completely, we inevitably get caught up in a cycle of concentric circles that loop. Clearly, we don't want to repeat the same mistakes we've made by refusing to seek other options. We may just need to take some breaks in between all the chaos and connect with nature; listen to some soothing music, or admire something beautiful.
***You cannot escape the chaos of the world, but you can find ways to improve your methods of dealing with it, and not to mention, never give up on searching for unique ways to improve the world we live in as well!
If you can't be some place quiet and tranquil, Imagine it instead~!
“Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.” – Pema Chödrön
5 Easy Tips to Enhance Your Intuition
1. Observe your environment and pay attention to the subtle details that may go unnoticed. Don't just look at your surroundings, "take in" the moment and capture some of the elements it contains. Sometimes there is a silver lining in any bad experience. You just need to seek out the positive to keep moving forward.
2. Take some time to center yourself and clear your mind. Focus on your breath. Inhale and exhale and let your mind wander away from the focused way of thinking. You can see the bigger picture of a problem when you take a short break away from the focused way of thinking.
3. Listen to calming sounds, nature, or tones that contain a frequency that is relatively calming and tranquil. No music with lyrics in needed for this exercise! Some music that can be calming may not contain lyrics such as classical, meditation, and certain melodies.
4. Take an afternoon nap. Yes, napping may actually help you concentrate more throughout the rest of your day! According to The National Sleep Foundation, 20 to 30 minutes of nap time can help improve your mood, alertness, and performance. In fact, many famous people were known to nap such as Winston Churchill, John F. Kennedy, Napoleon, and Albert Einstein (sleep foundation, 2018).
5. Maintain a healthy diet and eat nutrient-dense foods such as seaweed, eggs, and walnuts (walnuts that contain no added oils).
Strengths of an Introvert
Introverts are deep thinkers and often have a calming presence.
It takes some time to shift your train of thought and way of thinking, so be consistent with your positive habits and continue to practice some of these easy exercises throughout the day when you may be feeling overwhelmed or frustrated in certain situations. Shift your focus away from a problem or circumstance by taking breaks, naps, or listen to music.
© 2018 Jillian