How to Test if your Water is Alkaline is Acidic
This is another series, as promised, of my previous hub,
- The Healer Within
This hub aims to share the source of diseases and how to prevent it or get rid of it using the 3-step supplement program.
If you are not familiar with alkaline water or you want to check its benefits, the following hubs are very informative.
Benefits of Alkaline Water
This hub will be all about determining the pH level of your water, whether it is acidic or alkaline. We read on hubs or blogs of how important is alkaline water but i haven't read something on how to determine the pH level of the water you are currently drinking.
Water is very important to human existence. We can survive weeks without food, but not without water. Because of its importance, we make sure that the water we drink is safe, clean and one that will nourish the body.
Because of environmental conditions, however, the quality of water has been compromised. Thus, the emergence of bottled water, purified water, ionized water, machines and equipment to purify water. Some to convert it plainly to safe drinking water, but not necessarily beneficial to ones health and some, convert it to both.
We will not deal here with the process of how were these water purified whatsoever. What I am going to show you here is how to test your water. Whether it is alkaline (with minerals) or acidic (devoid of minerals).
This is applicable to purified water, tap water, processed water, ionized water or whatever you have available at home.
THINGS YOU NEED:
- pH tester, other names are alkaline tester, bromothymol blue
- clear plastic glass
- water sample/s
- pH scale/chart
1. Place water samples on the plastic clear glasses, each at 1/4 full.
2. Put 2-3 drops on the water samples, then shake gently.
3. Notice the color change.
4. Compare the color from the color coming from your pH chart. If the water is red, pinkish, orange, yellow or yellow green, then it is acidic. If the color is green, then it is neutral.
If the color is light blue, dark blue and violet, CONGRATULATIONS! Your water is alkaline. The water you are drinking is beneficial to your body.
Remember these two sayings:
1. Let food by thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
2. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure!