How to adopt the Mediterranean Diet
Mediterranean Diet Mind Map
Research have shown that Mediterranean Diet is a heart-healthy diet. It has the benefit of reducing cancer risk and risk of heart disease. Mediterranean Diet is from traditional cooking in the countries bordering the Mediterranean sea.
Mediterranean Diet usually consist of lots of exercise and having meals with family and friends. The diet usually consist of the following:
- bread without any butter or margarines.
- Some fish and shell fish at least twice a week.
- Moderate amount of red wine
- small amount of nuts and red meat
- uses herbs and spices to add flavour to the food instead of adding salt
- Use healthy fats like olive oil and canola oil
- Eat generous amount of fruits and vegetables
- Use whole grains
With the many medical report on the benefits of a Mediterranean Diet, why not get started on it?