How to do Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) : Surya Namaskar steps, postures, video and benefits
One of the all-round yoga exercises is the 12-step salutation to the sun. Practice them once or twice when you arise in the dawn to help alleviate rigor and reinvigorate the body. Multiple repetitions at nighttime will facilitate you to relax ; insomniacs generally discover that six to twelve cycles facilitate them to fall asleep. Believe me it is the best remedy to stress and tension and it keeps your mental as well as physical health sound and healthy. It is the best way to start your day, start practicing it once and you yourself will find out the tremendous chages in your life. Here is the process :
1. Stand with your bases somewhat separated, palms together, thumbs against your chest.
2. Breathe in profoundly while easily and patiently arousing your hands over your head, and bend backward as much as possible, while stiffening your buttocks. Wait for 3 seconds.
3. Calmly breathe out and lean frontward, holding your knees flat, till your hands or fingers contact the ground outside your feet. (If you find yourself unable to contact the ground, go as near as you are able to.) Bring in your head towards your knees.
4. calmly breathe in, bend your knees, and if your fingertips aren't outer to your feet on the ground, aim them there. Slip the foot of your right leg backwards as far as you are able to, with the knee of the right leg about an inch or so away the ground, (a lunge posture). Now see up as high as possible, curving your back.
5. Prior to breathing out once again, slip foot of your left leg backwards till it's alongside the right foot, and with your weight backed up on your palms and toes, unbend both of your legs so that your body forms a flat structure. Make certain that your abdomen is pulled in.
6. Patiently breathe out, bow both knees to the ground, bow with your hips in the line, bring down your forehead and chest to the ground.
7. Now breathe in clamly and see up, bowing your head backward, and then arousing it, abided by by your upper chest, then lower part of your chest. Your lower body - from the bellybutton down - should get on the ground, and your elbow joints should be somewhat crumpled. Wait for 3 to 5 moments.
8. Breathe out patiently and elevate your hips till your palms and feet are flat on the ground and your legs and arms are unbowed in a reversed V position.
9. Breathe in easily and make your right foot to advance to make it similar to position 4. Make sure that your foot should be flat on the ground between your fingertips. Your left leg should be nearly unbent behind you, with its knee somewhat off the ground. Elevate your head, see upward, and curve your back portion like an arch.
10. Calmly breathe out and fetch your left foot ahead adjacent to your right foot. Make your legs straight and stand, try to hold your fingertips on the ground, and try to contact your forehead to your knees as it was in posture 3.
11. Slowly breathe in, elevate your limbs upward and stretch backward as it was in posture 2. Do not forget to stiffen your buttocks. Wait in this position for about 3 secs.
12. Slowly and calmly breathe out, bringing down your limbs to your sides. Now relax for a while and don't think about other stressful thigs and tensions present in the outer world, you will surely feel that you are on top of the world. Repeat the sequence.
Surya Namaskar Benefits
When executed the right way, Surya Namaskar generates huge profits and sanctifies the body, intellect and eternal soul. Major benefits of Surya Namaskar are :
- The durability in the back and legs is enhanced heavily. The waist is molded perfectly and almost every disease of the skin is healed away totally. When exercised with great concentration, it increments self-confidence and promotes the personality.
- Any disease or distract of the pharynx (throat) is healed and the food pipe or esophagus is toned up. Eyesight becomes sharper and stronger and the vision gets better.
The digestive system and the abdomen gets healthy and the complete metabolism gets enhanced. Your body gets stable with the right measure of energy being discharged whenever required.
Due to the stretching out, the intestines are fortified and the abdominal cavity walls gets stronger.
Muscles of the back portion are strengthened & become healthier to a huge extent and the backbone, vertebral colunm and arms gets more powerful stronger.