- Women's Health
How to ease leg cramps during pregnancy
I am not a medical expert but have followed doctor's advice and also my own methods for easing leg cramps during pregnancy. I hope these tips will be helpful for you too.:
1. When you experience a leg cramp, straighten you leg and wiggle your toes. Do not point your toes.
2. Wear very loose clothing. Make sure your socks are not getting too tight around the ankles as your feet are growing too during the pregnancy and tight socks might constrict your circulation.
3. Rest your legs often and keep them elevated when possible.
4. Drink lots of water.
5. Watch your nutrition. Make sure your calcium and potassium intake are sufficient. Drink a lot of milk and eat bananas as many pregnant women do. If necessary, take a calcium supplement under your physician's advice.
6. Lack of magnesium has also been identified as a common cause of leg cramps during pregnancy so look into eating magnesium rich foods and also taking a magnesium supplement if directed by your doctor.
Leg cramps can be quite painful so I encourage you to follow these tips and hope you find some relief. Have a comfortable pregnancy!