How to get Pregnant Naturally without Intervention
There are a lot of couples wanting to have a baby. Many have tried to do so for years without success. They have resorted to fertility specialists and other types of treatment for assistance. However, there are other steps that are far more natural and much less costly that should be attempted first.
Preparations for Getting Pregnant
Once you and your spouse have decided to try for a baby there are a few things you should do in preparation for the big event.
- The female should begin taking prenatal vitamins. These vitamins contain key nutrients that will ensure the health of your baby.
- The male should wear loose-fitting underwear, such as boxers. This will give the testicles plenty of space, which will assist them in regulating the temperature of the sperm. By maintaining a proper temperature, this will promote the health and well-being of the sperm.
- The female should reduce her caffeine intake. Caffeine causes the blood vessels in the body to constrict, which will lower the amount of blood getting to the uterus. Also, if you have already conceived, caffeine is not good for your developing fetus.
- The male should not sit in hot water. This will prevent the sperm from getting too hot.
The Physical Act
There are only 2 to 3 days out of each month that a woman can become pregnant. So, the window of opportunity is fairly slim. It is for this reason that a woman wanting to become pregnant should keep a close eye on her monthly cycle.
Pregnancy always occurs between the last day of the menses and ovulation. So, this is the time period that the physical act should occur; in fact, you should plan on engaging frequently during this time.
The best method to follow is this; have sex the day after your menses has ended and then again every other day until you ovulate, which is around the 14th day of your cycle. Do not engage in sex every day. This is due to the fact that your partner will not be able to manufacture adequate sperm that quickly. Besides, sperm usually stays inside the female for about 3 days, so it is alright to skip one day in between to allow the sperm to build up again.
After about the 18th day of your cycle, you can stop trying until the next month. Most likely, if there are not issues preventing pregnancy, then you are probably already with child and won't need to attempt again the next month.
Possible Reasons that Pregnancy Hasn't Occurred
If you have followed the previous instructions and have not become pregnant during the first month there are a few possible reasons that it hasn't happened.
- Stress - Before you try again the next month, try to relax and calm down. Enjoy it!
- You may not have ovulated - Some women do not ovulate every month. Try again next month.
- Fibroid - Some women has fibroid tissue in or around their uterus which can effect pregnancy in negative ways. In this instance, you may want to consult with your doctor.
- Nicotine - If you smoke, the nicotine can be effecting your uterine lining and the fertilized egg is just simply not able to imbed. However, it is worth mentioning that this only occurs in a small percentage of women.
- Infertility - There is a chance that you or your spouse may be infertile. If you suspect this may be true, consult with your doctor.
While attempting to get pregnant, try not to get caught up in the idea of having a baby so much so that you don't enjoy the time spent with your partner. It should be relaxing and fun, not a rigorous, stressful routine.