How to get rid of bad body odor with 15 best natural home made remedies
What causes bad body odor?
Our body has many functions and flushing out waste or byproducts of all those functions is essential to keep the body free of germs and bacteria. There are many ways to excrete waste out of the body like urination, passing fecal matter, exhaling, and sweating. The root cause of bad body odor is sweating only and the most embarrassing situation is under armpits. Bad odor results out of inadequate bathing and maintaining unhygienic conditions which do not clean up the mess excreted by the body. Another important function of the underarm sweating is to excrete toxins produced out of many body functions. It is very important to flush out the toxins to maintain good health. Our sweat contains urea, salt, protein and fats which if not evaporated gets in contact with bacteria to gives out bad odor. Some synthetic deficiencies within the body are also responsible for bad body odor.
In women, there are some additional factors also. The menstrual cycle and stress increases the chances of bad body odor. Yeast converts sugar into alcohol very fast within the body and give out a beer like smell. Poor hygienic conditions, infections, dirty clothes are some of the reasons for bad body odor. Armpit hairs and other areas where regular sweating occurs are more prone to bad odor due to blockage for ventilation pores keeps the bacteria hiding. Foods which are rich in amino acids are known to leave waste in the intestines. This waste needs to flush out with the help of an enzyme called flavin monooxygenases. Lesser production of this enzyme can not take care of the left over after digestion in intestines properly which results in fishy like odor. Our skin is the largest organ and needs to be taken care of in a best way. There are many products available in the market which claim to clean up the mess, but all these products do not reach out to the root cause and hence temporarily solve the problem. Here are some home remedies which address the root cause.
Recommended herbal freshner
Best natural ways to smell good
Keep yourself clean- This is one of the most important point to remember. Keep yourself neat and clean and maintain the hygienic conditions of your complete body. Sweating is not stinky, it is odorless. The smell comes out when bacteria which rests on the skin mixes with the sweat. They quickly multiply and then gives out bad smell. Therefore, clean areas more thoroughly which are more prone to sweating.
- Vinegar- Vinegar is a very good antiseptic and it helps in killing bacteria and other factors which lives on the skin. Spritzing apple cider vinegar on areas which are more prone to odor and then wipe the area dry. It helps to tackle the problem of stinking smell. You can add vinegar in a bowl or mug of water and then rinse your underarms with it to keep a check on bad odor.
- Green supplements- According to the Columbia University's Health Services green supplements such as wheat grass are natural deodrants. You can add some wheat grass in your daily vitamin intakes. Further, drink a glass water added with 500mg of wheat grass in an empty stomach. Wheat grass has chlorophyll which helps in reducing the smell.
- Clothes made of natural fibres- Clothes made of natural fibers are very good ventilators. Recommended by Mayo Clinic, natural fibers allows air flow on the skin surface and take away the moisture and bacteria which rests on the skin.
- Wipe off your underarms with a natural sensitizer- Wiping your underarms with a natural sensitizer is recommended by Columbia University. Use tea tree oil as natural antiseptic which modifies the pH value of skin and make it undesirable for the bacteria to survive.
- Honey- Add a tablespoon of honey to tepid water for a final rinse after your bath. It keeps a check on bad odor.
- Baking soda- Apply baking soda to the underarms, it absorbs the bad perspiration in the underarms. Further, you can add a little cornstarch for better absorbing of sweat in your underarms.
- Rosewater- This is the simplest of all these remedies so far. Take bath in rosewater, a few drops of rosewater in your bathing water gives a long lasting effect on your body odor. It is a very good natural deodorant.
- Homemade deodorant- Take out the juice of two dozen radishes and then add 1/4 teaspoon of glycerine. Mix these two liquids properly and then pour it in a spray bottle. Just use it to see the desired results. Store the deodorant in a refrigerator.
- Tomato juice- Put 3-4 cups of tomato juice in your bathtub. Be soaked in the tomato juice and water in the bath tub for 15 minutes. It is very helpful in keeping a check on bad body odor.
- Hydrogen peroxide- Mix one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide with 8 ounces of water. Keep this solution and wash your underarms 3-4 times daily. Hydrogen peroxide is very effective in controlling bad odor.
- Gram flour- Take some gram flour and curd, make a paste of it. Apply this paste all over your body just before bath. Leave it for 10 minutes and then take bath. It opens the clogged pores which paves way for toxins to come out of the body through sweating and hence controls body odor.
- Bael leaves and soap nut- Make powder of dried bael leaves and mix it with soap nut. You can use it as a replacement of soap. It relieves of bad body odor effectively.
- Tamarind and banana- Tamarind leaves and banana tree root paste is a good option to keep a check on bad body odor. Apply this paste before taking bath.
- Mint leaves- Boil some mint leaves as required by you. Add the boiled water in the bathwater and then take bath. A very effective way to keep desired body essence. You can use the boiled water aside for extra care of your underarms and other areas prone to sweating.
- Neem leaves- This is one of the best way to control the bad body odor. Neem leaves are very effective in controlling the bacteria which gives out bad odor. Take some neem leaves and boil them. Add the boiled water in your bath water and take bath. It detoxifies your body and helps in controlling bad body odor.
- Camphor- You can put two or three camphor units in your bathing water 15 minutes before taking bath. Also, you can add powder of two or three camphors, then add rose water. Take bath twice a week, to smell good.
Dos and donts to keep a check on bad body odor
There are some general suggestions to keep a check on bad odor.
- Restrict the consumption of alcohol, cumin, garlic, onion and caffeine. It produces frequent toxins within the body.
- Drink lots of water, water helps in flushing out toxins produced in the body more rapidly.
- Drink carrot juice, carrot juice with saunf (aniseed) or with mint leaves helps in overcoming the bad body odor.
- Include turnip juice in your diet. It helps in producing enzymes which are helpful in the production of enzymes responsible to excrete toxins out of the body.
- Eat whole grain, leafy green vegetables, soy products and fruits to keep your body odor under control.
- Avoid red meat, it gives out some toxins content in the bloodstream.
- Avoid food which are low in fibre content. You should also avoid processed foods such as refined sugar, hydrogenated oils and white flour.
- Wash your armpits and other areas prone to sweating regularly with good natural antiseptic.
- Do not use deodorants more often. Definitely, it smells good but also the clog the little skin pores from where the body toxins comes out the body. Deodorants also causes itching, allergies and other skin complications in some cases.
- Change your clothes everyday, if you are sweating heavily. Do wear washed clothes everyday to keep a check on bad body odor.
- Dry yourself thoroughly after taking bath. Bacteria responsible for bad odor do not survive on dry skin.
- Smoking negatively affects the regulatory process of the body which is responsible for keeping odors in control. So, quite smoking it has many other benefits.
What treatment do you prefer for bad body odor?
Apply all these tips in your life and see the results. We have no right to embarrass others if we have some natural complications. Remember, nature has all the answers to every problem. We all should use more and more natural therapies to align with the body of its natural functions. Our body is also a product of nature and it easily respond to the natural treatment without disturbing other body functions. So, next time raise your arms with a confidence.