How to get rid of dark lips with products available in your kitchen- home remedies
Everyone wants pinkish or reddish lips to add an asset to one’s beauty. Not everyone is lucky as me. Just kidding friends, I remember those days when I desperately wanted pink lips to be at the centre of everyone’s attraction. I used a number of on the counter cosmetic products available in the market. Frankly speaking friends, all these cosmetic products have harmful chemicals which endanger the life over a long run. Therefore, I switched over to home remedies after due research on these products. Now, I want to share some of those easy to use home remedies to get pink or red lips. These remedies are purely home based and have no side effects.
Some common reasons for dark lips
Some are naturally born with dark lips and some have variety of reasons for darker lips.
- Changing lifestyle and smoking is considered to be the topmost reasons for dark lips.
- Using lip products of cheap brands, or excessive use of lip products.
- Sometimes, use of expired lips products knowingly or unknowingly causes dark lips, which can be permanent in some cases.
- Exposure of sun for longer durations is some of the common reasons for dark lips.
- Food habits can also be attributed to dark lips. Food lacking vitamin C tends to enhance the chances of dark lips. Actually, vitamin C is restricting the production of melanin which causes the darker color of skin. Therefore, it is good to include food that has good nutritional value of vitamin C.
Best home remedies for your lips
Now, I present to you some of the best home remedies to get rid of dark lips. These home remedies are trusted and applied personally to get desired results.
- The first thing that comes to my mind is lemon or lime juice. It is the excellent bleaching agent available naturally. Just rub the lime juice with a cotton ball on your lips and see the instant difference. It clears the skin on your lips loaded with impurities to give it a natural look. You can add equal quantity of honey with lime juice, though honey is not a bleaching agent, it definitely helps in reducing the prominence of scars and marks over a period of time of regular usage.
- Dark lips can also be due to accumulation of dead cells. These dead cells need to be cleared off regularly, to give your lips its natural color. Make a mixture of sugar granules and lime juice. Apply it over your lips gently, every alternate day to get the desired results.
- Now, do not afraid of this natural product which every house of this world is addicted. Milk, it is one of those natural products, without which no kitchen can run. Consume milk regularly, it contains lactic acid which has the natural whitening properties. You can apply it over your lips regularly with a cotton ball. Apply milk cream over your lips regularly to keep it soft, clean and pinkish.
- Beetroot is also a natural cleansing product. Apply the beetroot juice, with a cotton ball on your lips regularly. Use it for a month with no gaps, and see your pink lips.
- Papaya and pineapple is also the natural remedy for dark lips. Make a paste of papaya and pineapple and apply it over the dark spots. Practice it thrice a week regularly to keep your lips pink.
- Cucumber is also one of the natural skin lightening products. Slice a piece of cucumber and use it over the dark spots on your lips and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water to achieve lighter lips. For even better results, mix a teaspoonful of lime juice with cucumber and apply over the upper lips. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it with normal water.
- Almond oil is also one of the skin lightening natural products. It removes dark staining with regular use. You can use it every day as a lip balm also by mixing some good cream. It also helps you in curing dry lips problems common in winter season.
- Rose petals can also be beneficial to get pink lips. Take some rose leaves and dip them in unboiled milk. Apply it by rubbing gently over your lips. Do this twice a day, and see the desired looks for your lips.
- Make a paste of some sour cream, ripe banana and some honey. Apply it over your lips and leave it for 10 minutes. Then wash it with lukewarm water. Do this regularly to get pink lips over a time.
How much do you drink during the day?
Tips to avoid discoloration of lips
- It is advisable not to use lip products containing, hydroquinone or such other products. These chemicals darken your lips, if used for a long time.
- Avoid coffee and tea as much as you can. Restrict yourself to 2-3 cups a day to keep your lips natural.
- Smoking, this can be the top reason for today’s generation. Smoking not only gives you dark lips at early age, it also gives you wrinkles on your face at an early age. So, quite smoking to keep your lips and your health in a healthy state.
- If some of you ladies, spend your considerable time in sun. Make sure, you use a lip balm with SPF 30. Excessive exposure to sunlight enhances the chances of discoloration of lips. If you use lipstick, check the lipstick for high sun protection factor to prevent your lips from discoloration.
- Drink plenty of filtered water during the day. Water keeps your lips moisturized and prevents them from discoloration.