How to get rid of foot corns with easy home remedies
A little about foot corns
Most of us consider foot corns a common occurrence to our feet. Sometimes these foot corns fade away on their own and reoccur but these foot corns can be dangerous for the health of your whole leg, if not looked after properly. Generally, almost all of us try to cut the hard part or dead part with a blade or cutter. I must caution you, as it may be dangerous sometimes leaving your feet bleeding and paining. It is good to undergo healthy treatments with no side effects.
Foot corns, medically called foot calluses is actually the accumulation of dead cells on the feet. They gradually develop into a hard corn to protect the tissue and the skin beneath it. Over a period of time, foot corns can be hard to neglect. As these hard foot corns may prevent you from wearing shoes due to intense pain. They can be easily identified, as it is tender in the middle and surrounded by yellowish dead cells. It can develop on any part of your feet depending upon the pressure points of your shoes.
Some common reasons for foot corns
- The most important reasons for developing foot corns are your shoes. Oversized and short size shoes may trigger the occurrence of foot corns. Usually, our toes are curled inwards in our shoes. The tip of our toes rubs against the sole of the shoes and the top of the joint of toes rubs against the inside of the shoes. This friction may cause the development of foot corns. Therefore, it is important to wear perfectly fitted shoes with good quality.
- Abnormal toe bone development may cause foot corns to surface easily. In other words, the anatomy of the foot is also a reason for foot corns
- Bunions, it is the development of joints or the repositioning of joints on the toes due to which it exerts pressure and develop foot corns.
- Foot corns may occur due to some occupational hazard such as farmers, those who perform their task using toe and fingers.
Some easy home remedies to treat foot corns
Foot corns can be treated with some great solutions available in your home. These home remedies can be time taken, but gives out the best results as compared to other cosmetic products.
- Pumice stone- Rub the pumice stone on the affected area before taking bath. Pumice stone softens the hard skin and clears the dead cells.
- Honey- Mix four teaspoonful of honey and sugar thoroughly. Apply it on the affected area and leave it for 10 minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water. The presence of sugar with honey helps you to get rid of foot corns gradually.
- Licorice powder- A tablespoonful of licorice powder and half a teaspoonful of mustard oil. Apply this wonderful mixture on the affected area before going to bed and then wash it with lukewarm water in the morning. Do this every alternated day to get rid of foot corns easily.
- Papaya juice- Raw papaya juice is a great home remedy to get rid of foot corns. Apply the juice on the affected area or gently massage the area. Do it twice a day to gradually remove foot corns.
- Onion slice- Soak some onion slice in vinegar and leave it for about 4 hours. Wrap it as bandage on the affected area overnight. Remove it in the morning and rub a coarse hand towel to get rid of corns.
- Baking soda- Take three parts of baking soda and one part of lukewarm water. Massage the compound on the affected area and leave it for 10 minutes. It gradually softens the corns and then remove corns permanently. You can use this method in other way. Soak your feet in a tub filled with lukewarm water and baking soda for 15 minutes.
- Lemon and pineapple- Cut a fresh lemon and a slice of pineapple and wrap it in vinegar soaked cotton ball. Put it on the affected area by wrapping it with a cotton cloth piece. Remove it in the morning and then wash with lukewarm water.
Note:- Foot corns needs to be taken care of at regular interval. Prolonged negligence can give a painful feet making you a regular visitor to a clinic with considerable expenditure of your hard earned money. These home remedies are very easy and available in almost every house. Do keep your feet in good shape as the rest of your body.