- Men's Health & Wellness
How to Grow Facial Hair Faster
Get and Grow a Beard Faster
So, you want to look manly? Or is it that you need more hair, but you have none.
Here's a guide on how to grow your facial hair quickly. Of course, you'll need to keep in mind that it needs patience and sometimes luck to grow a superb beard. But don't be disheartened. Just follow my steps and you might be on your way to one superb, fast-growing beard!
One of my friends, who was only 13 at the time, used to shave in hopes of growing a beard quicker that way. I'm sure you've heard of that trick. Yet, have you tried it numerous times, only with no results?
You won't see any success from following this "trick" — because it is only a myth. The truth is, shaving has no relationship with your facial hair growth. I know some people even also believe that applying shaving cream on your face will make the hair grow faster! Sorry, guys. This won't work either.
The truth is, if your facial hair is growing at a slow rate, you should actually try to shave less often. Don't waste what little hair you do have by shaving it!
Rogiane or Minoxidil
Rogaine or Minoxidil is a medicine known for its hair growth capabilities. This is an over-the-counter drug (meaning you don't need a prescription) that comes in the form of a foam applied onto your skin. Apply it to your face, and don't wash for around four hours.
Keep in mind that there are some side effects, too.
- The most common being a burning sensation in your eyes, itching, and irritation on the applied area.
- You may also experience unwanted hair growth.
- Those with extra sensitive skin may have an allergic reaction.
- Dandruff is also a common side effect.
If this doesn't suit you, then don't use it. If you do choose to use it, good luck!
Vitamin B7 or Biotin is also beneficial for for hair growth.
- Its rich, natural source is derived from raw egg yolk. However if you consume the egg white part, its effectiveness will reduce.
- Another good source of natural biotin comes from peanuts.
- This is also available in a capsule or pill form. A 3mg capsule of Biotin may stimulate your facial hair growth.
Rogaine or Biotin?
Which one is better?
- Rogaine is more powerful, but has more side effects.
- Biotin is less stronger acting, but quite harmless.
The choice lies on you. Rogaine usage must be stopped if you face any issues, but Biotin will not give you such quick and direct side effects. Both these drugs can be purchased from online stores like eBay.
Clean Your Face
If you're not seeing much facial hair growth and just little hairs, don't fret. Take care of these small hairs.
- Regularly clean your face and do not let dust particles and dried cells gather around your facial hair roots.
- You may have an itchy rash from your hair growth. To prevent this and to clean your beard, use a dandruff shampoo thrice or twice a week.
- You can also try a watered lemon extract.
Biotin for Hair Growth: Video Review
Massage Your Face
Apply some massage oil to your face and gently rub your cheeks. Eucalyptus oil is very good for this purpose. But do not rub your face too rough, be gentle, to get better results. The sweet scented eucalyptus oil is also very good for your hair’s general health.
These are the methods you can follow to grow your beard faster. Feel free to comment or share your own methods for hair growth.
Remember, don't go for highly advertised but unknown or dubious products! Good luck.