How to keep Back Pain away at Home
Back Pain has caused lots of troubles at various times to man. Every individual must have faced some form of back pain during his/her lifetime. For some, it may be very severe and could have got them into bed for weeks, while for others the trouble was at least for a day at least.
I have not found a single person who can claim that his back pain is completely eliminated. Even if he thinks so, it may come back at any time. But there are lots of tricks and procedures to keep them away. Nowadays back pain is a very common issue across the age group due to our “modern” way of living. Bad posture, less exercise, eating habits etc contributes to the same.
Back bone and Hip as we know bears most of the body weight and obese people suffers most with pain in the back. Even nowadays kids are facing this pain due to less metabolic activity. There are some very common methods which can be practiced at home to get rid of back pain. Some of them are stated below: -
1. Massage: - Well, the most easiest and common way to get rid of it. Uses of herbal oils with correct pressure will sooth the pain very much.
2. Honey & Warm Water: The combination of honey and warm water is known to be very effective for back pain. It is best to drink one glass of warm honey water early morning.
3. Cuscus Grass: Some people also suggest mixture of Cuscus grass and coriander seeds. An equal mix with sugar relieves pain and is also good for digestion.
4. Ice Pack: Ice pack is mainly used if there is swelling due to some accident and it should be done immediately. A hot water bag can be used from second day onwards to reduce the pain.
5. Garlic: This is known to be a great medicine for pain. Taking 2-3 cloves of Garlic in the morning will do the trick. Also if garlic oil can be applied on the effective area, the pain will reduce.
Apart from these home remedies, there are some preventive steps to keep back pain away. Remember, it is not a quick remedy and should be practiced for a long time. The following are some of the common steps: -
1. Weight: Heavy Weight should be carefully handled. A person suffering from back pain should avoid lifting heavy weight. Even if some amount of weight needs to be lifted, bend your knees to lift them.
2. Exercise: Moderate exercise should be practiced by a person who has suffered back pain. This can start with brisk walking followed by “free hand” exercise.
3. Posture: Good posture should be maintained at all level. Be it your office or home, this can start simply by sitting straight. Proper walking and taking regular breaks from your office chair is a good way to keep the pain away.
4. Sleep: Good Sound sleep is very essential for good health and moreover to get rid of back pain. Correct posture should even be maintained during sleep. It is advisable to sleep on a hard flat surface during back pain. Cushioned beds should be totally avoided.
5. Diet: Ginger tea has a very common use for during back pain. Also food that caused acidity should be avoided. Keeping a balanced diet is advised not only for back pain but even for a healthy body.
Most of the people in India follow strict “Yoga” postures to get rid of back pain. They can be very effective and should be continued for a very long time to get the best result.
At last, most people go for pain killers while suffering from back pain. Yes, they can give you instant relief, but are never a cure for back pain. At the same time, if the back pains is getting severe or are your constant companion for a very long time, it is always advised to seek a medical help. Prolonged back pain can cause other ailment and can sometimes be an indication for something more serious. Most of the women face back pain during pregnancy as baby continues to grow inside. Most doctors recommend simple stress and other exercise to relieve the pain.
Next time, when you face the pain in your back try out the methods given above. But preventive measures are also important and should never be neglected.