- Alternative & Natural Medicine
How to prepare a home remedy for instant cold and cough relief?
Get rid of the cold and cough symptoms without taking antibiotics
Today, I am going to share a secret home remedy with you which my mother used to give me when I was a child suffering from cough and cold.
Especially In India it has been observed several times that Gram Flour soup (Besan ka Sheera) does wonders in cold and cough that are without high fever.
So do you want to get rid of the runny eyes, runny nose, cold, cough, and tiredness. Are you fed of taking the routine antibiotics to cure these symptoms which affect your stomach a lot.
You said yes, okay then I will tell you how to get rid of these signs and symptoms.
You need the following things to prepare this home remedy:
- Gram Flour (besan)- half cup.
- Butter oil (desi ghee)- little less than half cup.
- Sugar - same quantity as that of butter oil.
- Crushed almonds - 1 tablespoon.
- Crushed cardamom - half teaspoon.
- Use milk 1.5 cups in case of dry cough without much mucus or use water 1.5 cups if there is only persistent mucus without dry cough.
Method of preparing:
- Warm butter oil in a skillet and add gram flour slowly so that no lumps are formed.
- Roast gram flour until it turns slightly golden brown (make sure it does not burn or turn black).
- Add milk or water as per the symptoms as explained above.
- Add sugar, cardamom, and almonds.
- Stir until the soup thickens.
- Serve hot. This soup needs to be taken spoon by spoon when it is warm and make sure that you don't get up from the bed after that. You need to rest and in fact take a good sleep, so I would suggest that you make it and consume it at night when you are about to sleep for another 6 to 8 hours. Sleeping for 6 to 8 hours is not mandatory but will help a lot in decreasing the signs and symptoms and curing the problem of runny nose, watery eyes, itchiness around the eyes, cough, etc.
Believe me, once you will get up in the morning, you will be as fresh as ever with no symptoms of cold, runny nose, or cough.