- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions»
- Skin Diseases & Conditions
How to Remove Skin Tags and Warts on Your Body Naturally
My Gross Brief Mention
This is another disgusting topic that I've found fascinating. After some minimal research, I've found a very easy way to remove unwanted skin tags and warts from the body. Treat your skin with lots of respect. It is, after-all, the largest organ on your body. I love to discuss things that people are most often humiliated to openly discuss!
Well..since you've found this article, you can now remove these nuances at home, privately, with just a little patience, with only a few dollars, dental floss and some band-aids.
Try this remedy before opting for medication or costly surgery that doesn't always work. If you don't treat the dysfunctional cells in a skin tag, or don't kill the warts blood supply to your body, they will come back. Warts are viral. Skin tags are benign tumors.
Skin Tags and Warts, YUCK!
Have you ever had a skin tag or wart?
Warts are viral, skin tags are benign tumors.
What Is a Skin Tag?
A skin tag, also known as an acrochordon, cutaneous papilloma, cutaneous tag, fibroepithelial polyp, fibroma molluscum, fibroma pendulum, papilloma colli, soft fibroma, and Templeton skin tag, is a small tag or extra growth of skin which may have a peduncle (stalk) - they look like a small piece of soft, hanging skin.
They appear on various parts of the body (skin), but usually appear or show up in areas where skin rubs against skin, such as the:
- Under the breasts
- Upper chest
Skin tags are benign - meaning not cancerous - tumors of the skin. Skin tags cause no disturbing symptoms, other than visual embarrassment. Skin tags that are repeatedly rubbed or scratched from friction (rubbing on clothing, jewelry, or when shaving) may become slightly irritated, enlarge, or under rare conditions, burst under pressure.
Skin tags are made up of a core of fibers and ducts, fat cells, nerve cells, and a layer of epidermis skin.
Overweight people are more prone to skin tags. Heredity is also a cause, as well as people with diabetes or pregnant women. This skin issue affects women and men, as well as races equally. In the majority of cases, they will not just fall off without treatment. Although sometimes you get lucky and they do.
What Are Warts?
A wart is a small growth appearing on the hands or feet that looks like a solid blister or a tiny piece of cauliflower. They may also appear on the genitals or groin.
Warts are caused by viruses, usually one of the multiple types of the human papillomavirus also called HPV. Wart virus's cause keratin to grow too fast. Keratin is a protein within the body.
Types of Warts
Types of Warts
- Mosaic warts—These grow in clusters.
- Palmer warts—These grow on the hands and feet
- Common warts—These have a rough surface and bumpy appearance. They are usually firm and raised up from the skin surface, and resemble a bundle of cauliflower. Typically called papules or plaques. Common warts can appear on any part of your body but usually found on fingers, knees, elbows, and knuckles. Sometimes these warts will have tiny dark spots which are from clotted blood vessels.
- Plane warts—(Plana) means flat. These warts are flat, smooth, and round in shape. They may appear brown or yellowish in appearance, they are sometimes referred to as flat warts and are most common among children. They will appear on legs, hands, and the face. It is uncommon for an adult to have this type of wart.
- Filiform warts—These warts are long and usually appear on the neck, armpits, and eyelids.
- Plantar warts—These will show up on the soles of the feet, or heels and toes. These can become painful from friction on the feet from mobility. These warts will have a black dot, with a surrounding hard, white area. The dot you see is the wart's blood supply.
How to Remove Skin Tags and Warts Naturally
Tie a small piece of dental floss around the tag or wart as tight as possible by pulling it taught, this can remain in place until the growth dies/falls off. Ask a friend to help if needed!
Directions for Removal
- Buy yourself a good brand of organic coconut oil.
- Buy a box of good adhesive brand bandages. A box of 100 should do it, depending on how mutated you are!
- Tie a small piece of dental floss around the tag or wart as tight as possible by pulling it taught, this can remain in place until the growth dies/falls off. Ask a friend to help if needed!
- Apply coconut oil or oregano oil to the tag or wart itself, as well as a bandage, and cover it.
- Repeat this process morning and night with the oregano oil or coconut oil, or up to 3x a day, until the skin tag or wart is gone.
For stubborn warts, this process may take as long as a month, but you will get results. Coconut oil is a natural anti-viral and anti-bacterial. Coconut oil has special fats called medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), and for whatever reason, the ingredients in coconut oil suffocate the skin tag or wart, causing it to vanish, or die and fall off from lack of blood supply. I cannot speak highly enough about coconut oil. As long as you are not known to be allergic (some people sadly are), this stuff is amazing.
Anyone that does not have a jar in their home is missing out on so many health benefits. I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil for skin (wrinkle treatment, a natural SPF, a wonderful moisturizer, I eat it, and I use it as a deep therapy hair mask a few times a week) but the health benefits are endless!
Don't have any concerns about slathering it on any part of your body that has blemishes, people have even put coconut oil in their eyes to treat pink eye.
This skin tag/wart treatment really works, and if you are sick of looking at lumpy skin tags and warts, try this and never be burdened by them again! At least not the same ones anyhow.
© 2013 Rebecca