How to stop smoking in 12 simple steps
Leaving any habit needs strong will power, you have that power, every human being has but not its time to apply it
How to quit smoking easily
1. Do a thorough research of diseases related to smoking and be aware of what you are into.
2. Take your own time to decide on quitting.
3. Seek professional help, that may include aides such as nicotine tablets, nicotine strips, etc. More importantly, an addict may need this along with mental preparation.
4. Seek help from your roommate or whoever lives with you.
5. Avoid drinking because alcohol has an affinity towards cigars and cigarettes.
6. Let everyone know you have stopped smoking.
7. Discourage your friends on smoking if they have the patience to hear you.
8. Do not be idle.
9. Avoid situations, which tempt you to take a puff, like parties, smoking groups/friends, etc.
10. Don't even think about taking a puff for fun.
11. Start doing ground exercises and concentrate on your health and try to increase your intake capacity of oxygen.
12. Make your mind free of cigarette thoughts.
At last, I would say that the most important factor, which influences a person to quit every bad habit or for instance quit smoking is strong will power.
Add your ideas to this hub in the comments section below and think seriously for living longer and healthy.
How to stop smoking links
- Stop Smoking Help - Home Page of Top 10 Stop Smoking
Your one stop site for stop smoking info including nicorette, nicotine patches, hypnosis and laser,
- Smoking cessation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- CPAA: Quit Smoking Campaign, Anti Tobacco & Quit Smoking Campaign
CPAA: Quit Smoking Campaign, Anti Tobacco & Quit Smoking Campaign. India based NGO organising Quit Smoking Campaign, Anti Tobacco & Smoking Campaign & Anti Gutkha Campaign.
Can a mobile phone or PDA device help you quit smoking ? Conrad Morris (see here with his wife, the couple is expecting a baby boy soon) shares how he was
- Expert Tips to Quit Smoking and Herbal Smoking Alternatives
- QuitSmoking.com - The Quit Smoking Company Home Page Stop Smoking
Quit Smoking Information and Products to Help Smokers Stop Smoking