- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
How To Stop Snoring.
Snoring is annoying!
Am sure if you have stopped to read this you are sleeping beside a snorer and would like to find out how to stop snoring. Up to 40% of middle aged men snore.Up to 28% of middle aged women too.Snoring happens when air causes the throat are or nasal passages to vibrate making in many cases a very loud noise!
Three of the main causes are smoking alcohol and being overweight. Snoring can keep the other person awake and lack of sleep can make for a strained relationship. Some people only snore when lying on their back but some will snore no matter what position they are in. There are many ways that you can help someone to find out how to stop snoring and enjoy a pleasant quiet uninterrupted sleep.
If you snore only when on your back then try sleeping mostly on your side and you will find you and your partener will have a better nights sleep!
Facts about snoring.
- There are 16million snorers in the U.K.
- Snoring can be hereditary
- Snoring is common but not normal
- Snoring is a loud harsh sound that occurs as you sleep.
- Snoring occurs when the flow of air makes the tissue in the back of your throat vibrate.
- Snorers are more likely to suffer adverse health conditions
How to stop snoring
Things that have worked for other people
- Change your sleeping position
When you sleep on your back the base of your tongue and soft palate collapse onto the back wall of your throats causing the vibrating sound called snoring. Trying to sleep on your side may help to prevent this happening. Use a pillow to help maintain this position.
- Lose some weight
Loosing weight will help people who didn't snore before they put on extra weight.
- Use an anti snoring pillow
- Use an anti snoring device
What have you found most helps to stop snoring?
- Snoring is very common.
- Snoring can affect relationships.
- Snoring can be helped.
- Try different sleeping positions.
- Try different anti snoring devices.
- Different things work for different people.