How to treat hangover the morning after too much party. Simple tricks to treat symptoms of hangover and feel better.
What is a hangover?
If you are planning to drink alcohol, you need to have a plan for recovery. You could prevent hangover from ever happening, or at least minimize its effects the day after too much drinking.
Simply put, hangover is a body reaction to dehydration. The headache means brain has been dried by consumed alcohol. The alcohol that causes a headache and upset stomach in the morning, has caused a pleasant lightheaded feeling (while popping brain cells) the night before.
The easiest cure for hangover is not to drink to excess.
The second easiest cure is to drink a large glass of water right after the night of drinking and before retiring for the night.
The rest of the cures are good for the morning after. I am talking about the type of morning when simply getting up and around feels like too big of a task.
What to do when you have a hangover.
- To cure a hangover, drink water, drink water, drink water. OR
- Drink fruit juice, which gives you some sugars, vitamins and liquid you need. OR
- Drink milk, which could calm your stomach lining temporarily inflamed by alcohol. OR
- Eat a banana, this also could calm your stomach lining. OR
- Drink coffee or tea for the extra kick of caffeine to help you wake up. OR
- Take a pain reliever with a large glass of water. OR
- If you are planning to take it easy for the day and stay home, have a small shot of whatever you have left. Be aware, however, that while the alcohol gives you a temporal relief from the original hangover, it also will increase the severity of dehydration. Drink more water. AND
- Rest as much as you can. You will feel better soon.
Please remember that alcohol takes several hours to leave the system, so driving or operating dangerous machinery with a bad hangover is strongly discouraged.