- Aging & Longevity
If You Have These Personality Traits - You Might Live Longer!
More Than Just Eating Right & Excercising
I think we all know that eating right and exercising leads to a longer, healthier life - but that's not always easy to do. But there is good news! Did you know that possessing simple personality traits, or incorporating certain traits, can help you live a longer healthier life? That's right, simple adjustments in the way you approach your everyday life, and help you live a longer one.
6 Personality Traits, To Live Longer
1) Conscientiousness: Be aware of what's happening around you, and have a vested interest in what you do. It's no surprise that those who are conscientious, take better care of themselves and make it a point to put their well-being first. These are individuals you take less risks, and make better decisions - so it's no wonder they live longer!
2) Laugh: It shouldn't be hard to do... let yourself go, and have fun. Make fun of yourself, and make light of tough situations when you can - sometimes it's the only way to stay sane. If you feel good doing it, then it's not hard to understand why it's good for you.
3) Stay Socially Connected: Stay socially connected (and no I don't mean Facebook ). It's important to connect with friends and family members regularly, so you feel like your needed and have a place in the world. Without friends and family, individuals tend to suffer from a feeling of low self-worth, and depression. Not to mention that spending time with friends and family tend to bring you back to the aforementioned number (2) - laughter.
4) Optimism: Here's one that just make sense... have a positive outlook on life, and you're bound to live longer. No one wants to go thru life feeling like "Eyeore", and no one wants to be around someone like that. Surround yourself with positive thoughts and people, and you'll find the energy and optimism to keep on, keeping on.
5) Be Happy: Turn that frown upside down more often than not, and you'll be rewarded with a life worth living, and a longer one at that. This is another one that just makes sense. If you've ever been around someone that's always miserable, then you know how important it is to just smile, and stay positive. Be the ray of sunshine in your office, not the storm cloud.
6) Be An Extrovert: You don't always have to be the center of attention, but you should be putting yourself out there. This goes directly to that feeling of "self-worth," and having a place amongst friends and family - besides it doesn't hurt to meet new people, and try new things. Variety is the "spice of life"!