- Diet & Weight Loss
Ignite Your Metabolism
Phase 2 of The 8 Week Run
Life is all about making runs... there's a period of pushing hard for progress followed by a period of recovery and calmness. This 8 Week Run is all about starting off out the gates with a bang with Phase #1 - Your Detox Phase where you Cut - Clean - Flush your body of all toxins, cleaning out your filter system. Like giving your body an oil change. Once you have completed phase #1 of your 8 Week Run it sets you up to succeed in Phase #2 - The Ignite Phase, where you will learn how to BURN your belly fat, SCULPT your body, and RESTORE your digestive system.
By completing the detox phase you now have flushed out that inflated weight by doing it the safe and correct way. Just by cutting processed foods that bloat and adding in high quality, clean foods to your meals, increasing your water intake and adding some all natural supplements to clean out your digestive system; Your liver (your body's clearing house), kidneys (your body's filter) and colon (your body's garbage truck), You created a perfect environment for your body to win in the coming 7 weeks of your Ignite Phase. The average weight loss during the detox and ignite phases combined is 25 to 30 lbs. Some people lose less, some will lose more. It all depends on the speed of your metabolism and your starting weight.
Hunger is a great sign!! If you feel hungry that's a good sign, it means your body needs to be fueled and that your metabolism is fired up! So that is why we add a 6th meal in the Ignite phase. In this phase you will add in some clean complex carbohydrates, oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice, sweet potatoes and what they do is slow down the rate of digestion because of their fiber content, adding them in will keep you satisfied longer. The leaner you get the more often you will need to re-fuel. It's against everything we have learned that we actually have to eat more to lose weight permanently but it's how the body works, it's physiology! You can't argue with science. The leaner you are the less stored fat you have which means you need to add in more calories and calories comes from your meals.
We are overwhelmed daily with the next best fat burners on the market today, the magic pill that will melt away your fat with no exercise required, this hype is false... don't fall for it anymore! The MOST important thing to remember is that your number one supplement is real food. Supplements are designed to do just that... supplement an already great plan of real food. When used correctly quality metabolism boosters will help turbo charge your results if that is what you are looking for. There are few natural, quality metabolism boosters that gently and gradually increase the speed of your metabolism without blowing a fuse. Boosters like aggressive energy drinks or appetite suppressants which cause the jitters where you start bouncing off the walls or get shaky followed by a crash creates havoc on your adrenal gland and causes hormone imbalances which causes your blood sugar to spike and your body to hold onto fat. When you eat in 3's to keep your blood sugar hormone levels balanced you need to be sure to use a metabolism booster that will keep your energy and hormone levels balanced as well, so they can still provide the fat-burning turbocharge you are looking for. To help you out here are some recommended safe and effective fat burners.
GREEN TEA EXTRACT (Camellia sinensis)
- It's rich in antioxidants, which neutralize free radicals and protect healthy cells
- It has EGCG (Epigallocatecin gallate), which helps with breaking down fat and using it for energy
- The polyphenols in green tea help balance blood sugar by reducing the amount of amylase (enzyme that converts starch to sugar) in your body.
- It enhances thermogenesis (production of heat) which increases fat burning, without increasing your heart rate. Unlike the above mentioned supplements which create jitters and crashes.
Recommended daily dosage: 250 mg (50% caffeine) twice a day, 15 min before your meal.
Chromium is an essential mineral that about 80% of the population is deficient in. Chromium polynicotinate is chromium combined with vitamin B3, also known as niacin. The combination has been known to help insulin better utilize glucose and transport it more efficiently through your cells. This helps in balancing your blood sugar and balanced blood sugar releases your stored body fat so you can burn it up in your muscle.
Recommended daily dosage: 200 mcg twice a day, 15 min before your meal with the green tea extract.
Sculpting your body is getting the look that you want, whether you envision yourself with a toned body, with definition in your arms, stomach and legs, maybe you envision a six pack... as you continue to eat in 3's, your body will release your excess stored body fat and you burn that fat up in your muscle. It's all about working out smarter not harder in order to optimize your fat burning. Most times people hit a plateau and they get frustrated and it's usually due to the lack of diversifying their exercise. How often do you go to a gym and see the same people of the same machines. The challenge is that your body will always adapt to your exercise routine. Once it adjusts and adapts to your routine you simple end up in maintenance mode. In order to avoid getting stuck in this rut you need to correctly diversify your workouts with 3 types of exercise.
- Fat-burning cardio: walking, stair-climbing, cycling, jogging, or swimming, basically exercise that creates a steady heart rate and you're not winded. Fat burning cardio activates your body's red muscle (50% of your skeletal muscle) the muscles that you voluntarily control, for example when you simply lift your arm or walk.
- High-intensity cardio: Also known as interval training, which is created with burst of speed (high heart rate) followed by recovery periods (lower heart rate) examples are sprinting, running stairs, boxing or ball sports.
- Strength training: Any type of exercise that overloads your muscle to break it down and become stronger. For example, weight training, Pilates, yoga, kettlebells, CrossFit, push-ups, pull-ups or squats. More muscle equals a faster metabolism. It has also shown to help improve bone density.
Your metabolism is only as strong as your digestive system. Regardless of how clean you eat if your digestive system is not working properly you can't metabolize your food and you will struggle to get results. This is why the DETOX phase is so critical. It cleaned out your system and got your body to function at it's very best. Now it's time to keep it healthy and strong. Now that we got your body working well we want to turbo charge your results by adding in some digestive, fiber and omega-3 supplements to maximize your body's functionality. Here are 3 recommended supplements for your restore step;
- Pro-biotics - Your body requires live bacterial to help metabolize food during digestion to move it through your gastrointestinal tract. Many people lack the necessary amounts to efficiently digest their food. There are few options: One strain (acidophilus, typically found in dairy products), multiple strains (1 billion live cultures which provide full spectrum) or over-the-counter pharmaceutical probiotics. (designed to help people who struggle with digestive challenges like irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, and colitis.
- Omega-3 - If you are not eating salmon or flax seed every day you are deficient in omega-3's. Essential fat means your body can't make it, but it needs it to optimally function, so you can either get it through your food or from supplements. There are 3 ways to supplement: 1. Take a fish oil or flax gel cap (pharmaceutical grade) 2. Take flaxseed oil (but adjust your food balance of the fat in each tablespoon) 3. Use fresh flax, chia, or hemp seeds in your meals. Recommended daily dosage 3,000 mg per day.
- Psyllium Husk - Natural fiber to help clean out your colon. Being regular is vital to maximizing fat burning and maintaining a health digestive system. Recommended daily dosage 5 g twice per day.