Indian tips to cure loose motion in children – What to do when baby gets diarrhoea?
Baby not gaining weight ? Stomach worms may be the reason - Symptoms in children and Home Remedies
Foods that would help babies and infants pass motion
Kids diarrhoea - my experience
My child does not get diarrhea often. He gets diarrhea only when he is given antibiotics. Whenever he is given antibiotics he would get severe diarrhea that last for several days. It would take at least one week to cure the diarrhea caused by antibiotics. Through my experience as a mother I learned what all foods would cure diarrhea in children. First of all let me explain what all foods should be avoided for babies when they get loose motion.
Diet for diarrhoea in children
Milk and milk products should be avoided when baby is having loose motion. Fish need not be avoided. Eating fish has cured my baby’s diarrhea several times. Fish would make you constipated. So it would help cure diarrhea in children. When my baby gets loose motion due to antibiotics I do give him fish. Diarrhea would go off within a day. If your child gets diarrhea during hot season, you can avoid chicken and fish for few days. But fish can be given. Giving fish would help cure diarrhea.
Natural colic remedy
Toddler diarrhea and cold - home remedies
Foods that cause cold in infants and children
How to sweeten baby milk without sugar
Tasty mixed vegetable recipe for toddlers
Remedies for diarrhea in children - What to eat? What to avoid?
- Honey is yet another constipating food. Honey can therefore be given when baby gets a diarrhea. Give a teaspoonful of honey to baby. Diarrhea will go off in two days. Do not give children fruit juices when they have diarrhea. Avoid giving your child apples, oranges, fruits and banana when they have a stomach upset. Also avoid vegetables like cabbage and spinach. I would like to share some of the home remedies that can be given to children when they have a stomach upset.
- A quarter teaspoon of nutmeg paste with honey would cure diarrhea in children. Sago porridge (without milk) is a wonderful cure for diarrhea in children. Boil sago in water and cook. This porridge would cool body and cure diarrhea. Sago is called chavvarisi in tamil and chavvari in Malayalam. Chavvarisi kanji (sago porridge) cools stomach and cures diarrhea. Arrowroot porridge is yet another good remedy for diarrhea in children.
- Antibiotics heat body and initiates diarrhea. Sago porridge and arrowroot porridges are of great help when baby has diarrhea. When child is given antibiotics, do not forget to give probiotic bacteria along with it. Ask your doctor to prescribe probiotics along with antibiotics.
- Giving curd rice would also help cure diarrhea due to heat. But do not give curd to babies when they have cold. If baby is affected with diarrhea, give rice with curd. While making curd for babies make cure that it is not very sour. Pour a spoonful of curd to cool milk and keep for 3 hours. Curd for babies is ready.
- If baby is suffering from severe diarrhea try this home remedy. This is only for children above 2 years old. Take 2 tablespoonful strong black tea and pour 2 teaspoonful lemon juice to it. Make the child drink this. This would cure even severe diarrhea.