Information about Memory Loss
When To Seek Help
There are many things that can cause forgetfulness, and many of them are reversible. Work with your doctor to determine what is going on with your memory and what can be done about it.
The causes of Alzheimers are poorly understood, but it's effect on brain tissue has been demonstrated clearly. Alzheimer"s damages and kills brain cells. It is a complex disease likely caused by a combination of factors - such as infection or reduced circulation - and genetic susceptibility.
Many older adults are on multiple medications that may impair their ability to think clearly.
Seeking help can be decided by some of these things listed or all of them
1. Asking the same questions repeatedly.
2. Difficulty remembering common words when speaking.
3. Mixing up words - saying "bed" instead of "table" for an example.
4. Being unable to complete a task. such as following a recipe.
5. Misplacing items in inappropriate places, such as putting a wallet in the refrigerator.
6. Getting lost while driving on familiar streets.
7. Undergoing sudden changes in mood or behavior forno apparent reason.
8. becoming less able to follow directions.
To help rule out some of these other problems, here is a list of questions you may want to ask your doctor.
a. Could some of my medications be causing forgetfulness?
b. Could I be dehydrated?
c. Might I have a concussion?
d. Could I be depressed?
e. Could I be drinking too much?
A multitude of things can cause forgetfulness, and many of them are reversible. Work with your doctor to determine what's going on with your memory and what can be done about it.
I have found a web site that is very informative..Revolution Health.
Photo title : Old Lady or Young Lady ?