- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Do You Suffer From Insomnia? Use Acupressure Therapy For Relief
Figures 1 to 10 & 15, 16 in my hub on Migraine and Headaches.( Hub Link given below)Click thumbnail to view full-size
Acupressure or pressure points therapy for treating insomnia works wonders within a few days. To get relief from insomnia all pressure points related to the brain, nervous system and digestive system need to be given pressure as in figures 1 to 10, and 15 &16, as I have outlined in my hub "Pressure Points Therapy for Migraine and Headaches". The link to this hub is given below.
My Hub on Migraine & Headaches
- Pressure Points Therapy For Migraine And Headaches
Acupressure or pressure points therapy is a simple and effective alternate therapy to get rid of many health issues, safely. Learn about the acupressure points for migraine and headaches in this article. Read on for more...
Read about Acupressure and Pressure points in my hub below
- Acupressure - Pressure Points Therapy
Acupressure is a totally safe, effective and a no cost, alternative health treatment, which one can do on oneself. To know more, read on...
Figures 11A&B, 12, 13, 14,17 to 19Click thumbnail to view full-size
Apart from this pressure needs to be given on all points related to the endocrine glands as in figures 11A & 11B and those related to the diaphragm and solar plexus as in figures 12 as both these are also related to sleep in some way or the other.
It is best to press all the points in the hands and feet whether there is pain on pressing or not. Along with the points behind the neck and on the shoulders as in figure 1, the points located on either side of the spinal column and running parallel to it ( see figure 13), need to be pressed from top to bottom with the thumbs, as seen in the above figure. Repeat the pressure on the back 3 times. Doing this will improve the functioning of the nervous system and one will be able to get sleep without the aid of sleeping pills.
Apart from applying pressure on the points on the thumbs, toes and fingers of both the hands and feet as shown in figures 3 to 6, the channels in the hands and feet, (see figures 7 & 8 above), also need to be massaged.
Next, clasp the fingers of both the hands as shown in figure 14 and pull and release the skin on the back of the hand, alternately. This also releases tension of the nervous system and brings on sleep. Massage of the hands with a comb before going to sleep also relieves nervous tension and if performed daily for some days before going to bed, aids in bringing on sleep.
Another point is located on the inside of both the wrists as shown in figure 17. Apply pressure for some seconds daily on this point.
It also benefits to press a few pressure points on the stomach and abdomen as shown in figures 18 & 19.
Some Rules For Getting Sleep Naturally
Along with acupressure, it is necessary to adopt certain natural rules to get relief from insomnia like:
- Early to bed and early to rise is a very apt saying and should be practised.
- Take rest during the day, don't sleep.
- Do not take sleeping pills. They are habit forming.
- Have dinner 2 to 3 hours before bedtime and always eat less than what will fill you up.
- Take a walk for a few minutes after dinner.
- Dinner should be light of vegetables, fruits and milk, and avoid spicy food at night.
- Avoid tea, coffee at bedtime and also smoking and drinking. Instead a cup of warm and mildly sweetened milk is beneficial in bringing on sleep.
- Excess salt consumption is also one of the causes of insomnia.
- Wash the face, hands and feet before going to bed.
- Auto suggestion in the form of asking the body organs to go slow as it is time to sleep also works by slowing down the nervous system and brings on sleep.
Please Rate This Hub. Thank you.
The information provided in this hub is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies, supplements or starting a new health regime.
Some of my other hubs on Alternate Therapies
- Oil Pulling And Its Health Benefits
Oil Pulling, also known as oil swishing, is one of the many ancient Indian Ayurvedic alternate therapies which have amazing health benefits. To know more about this simple, cheap and wonderful old world health practice, read on...
- Sujok Therapy
Sujok therapy is an alternate therapy that has instant and seemingly miraculous healing effects. It can be used very effectively in our daily life. To learn more about the system of sujok therapy, read on...
- EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique Or Tapping - An Alternative Healing Therapy
EFT or Emotional freedom Technique is an alternative health therapy very much like acupressure, in which specific points on the body are tapped in a particular way. To learn more about this therapy, read on...
- Health Benefits Of Water - Blue Solar Water Made In Glass Bottles
Water is the essence of life. Did you know that this very water can be energized and made into blue solar water having all the healing properties of the sun? To learn how you can benefit from one of the many alternate therapies, read on...
Acupressure for Migraines
Acupressure For Headache Relief
© 2012 Rajan Singh Jolly