Is My Forgetfulness Something To Worry About?
It is true that that forgefulness and memory loss can be a clue to a more serious problem. Some memory changes are very normal, as we age. It can also be brought on by : Stress, Lack of sleep, Side effects of medications, Depression, Not enough necessary vitamins, A head injury(which my Mom had from a serious car accident) Thyroid disease, alcohol or a small stroke.
If you find your dailey life is being effected by forgetfulness or memory loss. you might want to consult your doctor..
Here are a few warning signs I have read about :
1. Misplacing or forgetting things much more often than usual.
2. Forgetting how to do things you have done many times before.
3. Repeating phrases or stories in the same conversation.
4. Trouble learning new things.
5. Trouble remembering names..especially of your family members.
6. Trouble handling your money..or misplacing it.
7. Unable to keep track of the days or what has happened each day.
8. Rapid mood changes for no apparent reason.
I have gone through all this with my sweet mom..and let me tell you it takes patience..understanding..and smiles..Just don't ever get angry with them for their forgetfulness,they can't help it..and my mom says all the time..she just hates the fact that she can't get her brain in first gear anymore. But we have a lot of fun..I take her shopping for clothes..and she sure remembers how to do that :O) We have gone to the grocery store, because she says she needs a bunch of food items...we get there and she says "why are we here, I don't need any food". Well I just walk her down the aisles I know where things are she likes..and she always comes home with enough to carry her over till the next time??? And I always Pray for a next time.