- Diet & Weight Loss
Keto And Paleo Friendly Chia Seed Crackers Recipe
Crunchy Chia Seed Crackers
Do You Miss The Crunch In Your Diet?
I follow a low-carb, high-fat diet (aka the Ketogenic diet) and I must admit that there are times when I miss the crunchiness of crackers and chips. I tried making linseed crackers but I'm not fond of their taste so I decided to try and make some chia seed crackers. I found a few recipes online but all of them include ingredients that I don't want to use. The only thing left for me to do was to try and come up with a recipe of my own. After a couple of attempts I have managed to make delicious chia seed crackers that are Ketogenic and Paleo diet friendly but best of all, they're CRUNCHY! In this article I will share my recipe with you.
What You Will Need
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Ground Chia Seeds, Grind them up first, then measure 1/3 cup. I ground mine up in my nutri-bullet.
- To taste Salt, herbs and spices, select according to personal preference
- 10g Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Water
Making Chia Seed Crackers
- Mix all ingredients together until they form a smooth dough-like ball.
- Spread the dough out as thinly as possible (1-2mm) on the lined baking tray into a square or rectangle shape. If you find that the dough sticks to your fingers, wet your hands and they'll glide smoothly over the dough while you work with it.
- Cut the dough into smaller sections and spread them out slightly on the tray. I use a pizza cutter to cut it, I find that the dough sticks to a knife.
- Place in a pre-heated oven 180 degrees Celsius (360F) for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy your crispy low-carb crackers. I have written other recipes that you might like, you'll find the links to them in my profile.