- Quality of Life & Wellness»
- Personal Development
Life Hacks Everyone Should Know!
OK, so I have doen a few articles on different topics, but this may be my favorite post of all time. These are things that not just girls, or just guys or just teens or just adults should know, but EVERYONE! Some of them are pretty funny, others are more serious.
Go ahead and check it out, and feel free to comment with any other hacks that you have (:
AND I have to say, some of these are actually pretty good.
How likely are you to use a life hack to save money?
I can't guarantee all of these will work, mostly depending on how you do it (sometimes I do it wrong or mess up as a beginner, it's life) but some of these are also things that were sent to me by friends to try out throughout the years and they worked for them but not for me.. so Good Luck and Laugh!
1. For all you apple product lovers out there, buying something from the Apple website? Add it to your shopping cart but don't buy it right away. In 7-10 days they'll give you a 15-20% discount on your item (or total purchase).
2. Telemarketers bothering you? Don't say anything, just press "9" on your phone and you will automatically be added to the "Do Not Call List".
3. Going to the zoo? You can wear the same colors as the employees do and the animals will come right up to you instead of backing away.
4. Pizzacodes.com will provide you with a list of promo codes that can discount you any pizza order from most restaurants.
5. Miss the old nickelodeon shows? nickreboot.com you can stream 90's cartoons for free.
6. shelterpups.com you can send them a picture of your dog and they will send you a stuffed animal of your dog.
7. Not sure what to make for dinner? myfridgefood.com you can put in whatever you have in your fridge and it will give you recipes for everything you can make with them.
8. Not 100% about your next tattoo? draw it on your skin with a sharpie, rub baby powder on it and cover in hairspray. This should last for about a month.
9. Get a free RedBox movie by typing in "dvdonme" when it asks for a promo code. At walgreens you can get a second one when you type in "dvdatwag".
10. Recording a video at a concert, you can cover the phone's microphone with your finger. When you play it back, its clearer without all the muffling.
11. Apply deodorant at night instead of in the morning. It's more effective and you will sweat less the next day. PLUS you won't have to worry about those deodorant lines on your shirt!
12. Free air for your tires, you can get it at a Shell gas station by pressing the button on the side of the air pump three times. The pump will start without having to insert coins. OR you can just go to a Sheetz, they usually have free air anyway.
13. Eat an orange before working out. Not only does it keep you hydrated but also prevents muscle soreness.
14. Love Nike like me? Cheapfree50.com is a site that offers Nike shoes at 50% off.
15. When getting gas, hold the trigger halfway. This will give you more gas and less air in the tank.
16. If your a sucker for cheap ring from a boutique in the mall, paint the inside of the ring with clear nail polish, this will avoid that green stain on fingers. This is really nice for when you buy those fake engagement rings so you don't get hit on at the bar (if you're a girl, you've done this at least once while you had a bf)
17. Want to be a fruit ninja? You can take a quarter and make a small incision in a watermelon. Then karate chop it in half.. this actually works.
18. Catching a flight for vacation or business? You can type your flight number into Google and you can see exactly where the plane is.
19. For the moms with the stinky kids, take a fan and stick some dryer sheets to it, it will quickly un-stink the area.
20. No air conditioning on hot days? Take a frozen bottle (usually a 2 liter) and place it in front of a fan. While the fan runs the frozen bottle will help with cooler air flow.
21. Are you a pandora fan? BUT you hate the fact you can only have 3 skips? go to cmd.fm which is a site that allows you to listen to any genre with unlimited skips for free
22. Tired of your boots falling over the place, and don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money at bed bath and beyond for boot inserts? Use pool noodles. Just cut them to the length of your boot and stick em in.
23. When painting, place a rubber band around an open paint can to wipe your brush on and keep paint off the side of the can.
24. Placing an envelope in the fridge for an hour will unseal it. This is good to know f you forgot to include something in with your card.
25. My dog has a tendency to scarf is food down, placing a ball in your dogs food bowl (or plate) will allow them to slow down their eating.
26. If you're a dog person like myself, and you can't find a place to live that allows animals. You can pay $65 and register your dog as an "Emotional Support Animal" and it will be illegal for landlords to refuse rent to you. I am not 100% sure where you can go to get this done but I would assume you would contact the people you get your dog tags through? I could be wrong, so if you do find out let me know in a comment, or I can do a little more research and find out. So keep checking comments just incase! This is worth looking into!
27. This is interesting and works good. My mom always paid money for these sticky things that go under the carpet. When I heard of the velcro trick I had to have her try it. Stick one on the rug and one on the floor and then stick them together! This will help prevent your kids/pets from moving the rugs when running around.
28. You have anyone in your family with one of those crazy headband lights? My dad has one and I use to make fun of him because it was amusing to see him work on puzzles or read books with it, like he should be going out and mining for gold. Well if you take an empty milk or water jug and strap that crazy headband light around it (light facing the jug) you just made yourself a night light or camping lamp.
29. To get built up residue off of your shower head, tie a baggy of vinegar around a shower head. Leave it there overnight and it will clean everything off. Simple, and easy!
30. Cheap speaker for your smartphone? Turn your volume up, and place it in a glass or a bowl. This will amplify the sound and make it sound like your using an expensive jam box!
There are so many more life hacks out there that you can find and try, these are some of the mot interesting and asked about hacks that people use. Hopefully you enjoyed them and tried them out yourself!
REMEMBER If you have any life hacks of your own feel free to comment below and share and with everyone!
For The Ladies (:
There are a ton more hacks you can go by and check out, there is always something for just about anything. However, us girls have some pretty interesting hacks for things we can do on the daily. Check out this video!
Do you have your own life hacks? Comment below if you chose yes!
© 2014 Sarah Dill