LISS: Simplest Way To Shed Extra Fat
What is LISS?
LISS stands for Low- Intensity Sustained State. It is a low- key style cardio training and a fitness term blowing up on social media. It is simply a prolonged period of any cardio or aerobic based activity that is performed at low intensity. As early as the late 60's and early 70's, this was a popular method used by bodybuilders which were carried out in combination with very low-carb diet. Here the concept is losing weight while exerting the least amount of effort possible. Here you maintain same heart pace for a set period of time and the most appreciable part is the risk of injuries is less.
Lower Intensity Training means more oxygen is available to body. As fat needs more oxygen to breakdown, this is the suitable workout routine to shed calories with less effort. It helps to increase blood flow to damaged muscles and reduce post workout stiffness.
No Pain No Gain
Can LISS And HIIT Go Together?
As the name suggests LISS is the opposite of HIIT. Instead of pushing yourself to the heart pumping exercises in a short period of time, you aim for a long, continuous period of workout in LISS. Low- intensity steady state workout is sometimes criticized as it may cause high muscle wastage when compared to other forms of cardiovascular exercises. On the other hand, it can be carried out much more frequently than HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), however, having a very little impact on tendons, joints, and muscles. The combo of HIIT and LISS is the most effective approach to get the faster results. Adequate and satisfactory nutrition pre-, intra-, and post-workout- become much more important while training in this style. For beginners, this routine is a great way to getting fit and stronger, for the first step on their fitness journey. It is super relaxing and enjoyable. The most alluring thing about this routine is this can be adapted by all ages. It is time to get back into shape!
Be Stronger Than Your Excuses
What Are The Examples Of LISS Workouts?
One of the amazing features of LISS is that they can be performed in and outside of the gym. It is quite an alluring process. Let us have a look at some of the popular LISS workouts:
- Brisk walking or slow jog
- Moderate swimming in a pool or sea
- Exercises on a rowing machine
- Hill walk or inclined walk on a treadmill
- Using a cross trainer or elliptical machine
- Steady cycling or exercising on a spin bike
- Exercises using stair stepper machine
- Low intensity squats variations
- Exercises using resistance bands
This kind of workout generally lasts for 30-60 minutes and can be performed twice or more for a week. This is a great way to allow the body to strengthen up before moving onto intense cardiovascular exercises for people who are older or fear repeated injuries.
" Nothing Will Work Unless You Do "
Don't Stop When It Hurts, Stop When It's Done
Things To Be Focused To Reach Your Goals
No matter which kind of workout routine you might be following. The only thing which matters is the determination and the willpower to reach your goal. Not able to stay motivated to stick with your workout routine? Are you being lazy to lift weights? This might be due to several reasons.
Soreness: Soreness is the greatest enemy while working out. As you start working out muscles turn out to be sore. This is the phase when your muscles start communicating with you(strengthening phase). But do not give up. Whether you have a lot of weight to shed or a certain distance to run, break up your goal into smaller units. This helps in fuelling up the momentum. Enjoy the pain. You will soon start loving working out!
Diet: Taking a balanced diet can be a major problem to lead a healthy and happy life. It plays an important role in dropping and regaining of the pounds. This is quite tricky but, can be achieved through constant perseverance and self-control.
Weak Willpower: Willpower is a game of balance, and balance is a game of sustainability. Excuses are the rivals of will power in the field of fitness. You might face several injuries, sprains, and muscle tears. Your palms may get dried up, start paining and burning. It is all game of muscles!
Everyone has got the fire in them to achieve the goals which they have set. Nonetheless, determination, perseverance, and motivation are required to fuel it up. You can do it!
Just Keep Moving
What Makes It So Popular?
- Active rest and recovery: It is ideal for an active rest or recovery day for those who perform higher intensity workouts as a part of their everyday routine. Here the risk of injury is low.
- Great way to build strength and endurance: For those who are new to exercising and fitness LISS is a great way to build the strength and perfect for a first step on the fitness journey. It also helps in increasing the metabolic rate which in turn boosts up the energy levels. It is a time-consuming process. However, one can attain great results.
- It is easy to stick with: Unlike HIIT workouts LISS workouts are quite interesting and are not intimidating. So people find it easier to perform on a regular basis.
- Easier on joints: This is the most acceptable part of this workout routine. It is suitable for any body type (even hefty bodies) and any age person without causing any injury. It has a mild effect on tendons, muscles, and joints because of which it can performed even by age-old people.
People may find LISS training easier as it's less physiologically intense and is not as physically demanding. You may get a doubt whether this routine actually works? Yeah, it actually does. It is very effective at metabolizing fat for energy consumption by the body. It is the most effective approach for anyone who is trying to lose fat. So friends get started working out with this new routine!
© 2018 krithi krisa