Law of Attraction - More than just about attracting money or love
The introduction of the 2006 muti-media hit, The Secret, brought the concept of the Law of Attraction to the general public in a big way. Since that time, blogs, books, and articles about the Law of Attraction have become more frequent. Obviously, this is a topic that people are interesting in learning more about, or interested in debunking.
The Secret makes it sound so easy and so fun, doesn’t it? By far the biggest criticism of The Secret was the oversimplification of the process, which is Ask, Believe, Receive. I have mixed views on the criticisms in that, yes, the movie and book do approach the process and results as something very easy and simply, which could be misleading. These critics may be correct to find fault in this simplicity. But on the other hand, I feel that The Secret’s author Rhonda Byrne’s introduction of the principle of the Law of Attraction to the general public presented a entire new dialogue on our thoughts and our spirituality and in that respect, I think the criticisms are unfounded. The Secret was the opening dialogue to create a shift in the way most people think about things. I believe that Ms. Byrne would agree that you cannot simply rub a lamp, draw a picture, and think things into existence without at least knowing more about how the process actually works, both in the physical world and the non-physical world.
Law of Attraction principles have been around for over 2000 years. The idea of thoughts being causative in our experience and our reality, were debated in ancient Greek forums. And, in biblical times, the Gnostics had many ideas that are in line with the Law of Attraction and even Jesus tells us, in Matthew 11:23, “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” Rhonda Byrne herself sites the ancient Hermetic text of “The Emerald Tablet”, which can be dated back to 650 A.D., as the source of the main principles behind the Law of Attraction.
The fundamental high level principle behind the Law of Attraction is “like attracts like” and subsequently, our thoughts create our life experiences. When you really begin to deep dive into the principles of the Law of Attraction, you will see that although the principles are easy to intellectualize, the practice of these principles are not always easy to do. However, on a small scale we see the evidence of the principles demonstrated in our lives every day when we wake up on the “wrong side of the bed” to find our day following this pattern until we can do something to make a change in our thoughts.
If you have never taken the time to learn more about the Law of Attraction or have watched The Secret and found it to be laughably simplistic and unrealistic, I encourage you to give it another chance. The principles are actually quite sound and can even be supported with some new theories in the scientific community related to heart, brain functioning and quantum mechanics. The Law of Attraction is about living a life from authentic freedom and without limitations. It is so much more than just about manifesting love or money. However, living a life in authentic freedom may potentially mean being wealthy or madly in love. There is certainly no reason why it can’t.
I have been studying the principles of Law of Attraction for over 10 years now, even though I didn’t call it that at the time that I started. Some of my teachers in Law of Attraction principles that I began with are spiritual leaders like Ernest Holmes, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and James Allen. The connection I have to these principles go back to my fundamental spiritual beliefs and combined, they support a strong emphasis on enlightened living based on causation and divine energy. But applying these principles with a lifetime limited mindset that has worked very hard to keep us controlled and limited in our thinking has taken its toll on us. Step by step I am able to release the boundaries though, and every new thing I discover brings me closer than ever to the Law of Attraction Principles.
Here are 5 tips or ideas to think about if you would like to pursue the principles of the Law of Attraction in more depth:
- In your mind, how do you explain the experiences you have had in your life of synchronicity, coincidence, intuition, imagination, and sixth sense feelings, like knowing something before it happens, or feeling like something is wrong with someone you love and it turns out you were right? Think about your mindset at the time some of these things occurred and what you thought about them at the time.
- Be very aware of your feelings and how they affect your actions throughout the day. Think back on days you consider good or bad and see if you can identify the moment they changed into memorable days in either case. One important step to the successful practice of Law of Attraction is the awareness we develop about what we are thinking, and then relating our thinking to the results of our thinking.
- To use affirmations towards feelings or objects that you wish to manifest in your life, make sure that you always assume that the thing you are affirming is already complete and insure that the affirmation you work with is one that you absolutely believe is possible to happen in your life. Affirming I am going to be a star basketball player when I am 5’2”, is not a believable affirmation. It must be something you relate to vibrationally.
- Be open minded to learning about the Law of Attraction and try to question resistant feelings that come up. Resistant feelings mean you are in conflict with yourself on some aspect of learning about the Law of Attraction and not believing in the possibility of it. A person that is totally indifferent to the idea or simply a total unbeliever will not resist or argue about it, they just will move on. Resistance to anything is always a queue for us to listen to what we trying to tell ourselves.
- Begin to live your life with appreciation. Say “yes” more often, both metaphorically speaking and literally. Approach life from a yes perspective. See your life as more than half full. Take a new look at options in your life and how you spend your time. This attitude of appreciation and willingness will expand your mind and your ability to receive more into your life.
Nice to Meet You!
Joleen (Bridges) Halloran is the author of. This book represents over 10 years of research and inspiration in the topics of personal and spiritual empowerment and provides readers with a pathway to overcome limits and discover authentic divine qualities in their lives and to live a life of unlimited freedom. . Finding Home - Breaking Free from Limits
Beyond Joleen's professional life, she is an avid reader and researcher of books related to her special passion, which is metaphysical and spirituality topics. You can find out more about Joleen's book at her books website,www.breakingfreefromlimits.com. Additional articles of a spiritual and inspirational nature can be found at the book's website as well.