Learning to Manage Asthma
Whenever I could not sleep, I usually wanted to write a new blog in my cellphone. At 1 in the morning, I keep on hearing a barking sound as if it was a dog but no, it was our neighbor who was being attacked by his asthma.
I know that some of you already knew about this condition but still their are some additional information's that might help you to prevent having an asthma attack. I hope this blog can help you on that.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airways that begins at an early age characterized by hyper-responsiveness, mucosal edema and mucous productions.
- cough with or without mucous production
- wheezing (a whistling sound heard upon ausculation and is heard first on expiration and then during inspiration)
- occurs at night but attacks also early in the morning
- Chest tightness
Risk Factors includes:
- family history
- allergies is the strongest factor that you can get from:dust, pollens,animals,pollutants,strong odors, smoke and perfumes
If your asthma is getting worst, submit yourself to the hospital for proper treatment.
For home care remedies: Your goal is to have a patent airway to achieve this you should:
- Adhere to the prescribed medication
- drink a lot of water whenever you have a cough
- a need to use a nebulizer to ease your breathing pattern
- flowers are not allowed in your room especially when you have an air-con because of it's pollen it can spread entirely into your room and you might inhale it that can trigger your asthma.
- clean your house to avoid the production of dust
- cover your nose when you are outside or wear a mask instead
- maintain a physical and mental health because attacks maybe induced by suggestions alone.
Let us help ourselves achieve a good breathing environment to have a restful sleep without any disturbance.