- Diet & Weight Loss
Lemon Water Diet Benefits and Refutations
Lemon water diet is an ideal and cheap treatment for burning fats and losing weight. It has many significant benefits, and many defects, too. In this hub, I’m going to briefly cover lemon water diet benefits and defects, plus little simple recipes.
Many persons of who want to lose the extra pounds of their weight think that losing weight is very expensive activity. Indeed, they are more or less right about it and this is a common fact. You as a person who wants a slim body may spend many hundreds of dollar to reach ideal weight. You may invest in buying expensive healthy foods, fat burning medicines, or even weight loss products. Despite all this spending, it sometimes seems to be not enough to get this goal.
This is definitely causes disappointment and frustration for them, and leads to give up and regain more pounds again.
So, lemon water diet may be an ideal solution for who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money and get positive results in the same time. It is a cheap solution. It gives you energy, burns fats, reduces appetite and doesn’t take a lot of time in preparation.
What is Lemon Water Diet?
The Obstacles of Losing Weight
What is the biggest obstacle for you for losing weight?
Simply it is a mix between lemon and lukewarm water. Some people like warm water. It is ok but don’t make it so hot or even hot water because it may harm you if you drink it on an empty stomach.
It may look like illogical thing but experiments in this field got positive results. Previously, old physicians discovered the amazing effects of lemon in general. Lemon contains citric acid and high percentage of C vitamin.
So, using lemon as a diet system or even a part of it makes a considerable effect on weight. Mixing lemon and warm water gives us a new refresher drink with simple and natural components.
Let’s take a look at its benefits.
Lemon Water Diet Benefits
Lemon is a natural disinfectant for body and these are some of its benefits especially in losing weight after adding water:
- It gives energy to your body especially when you drink it after waking up directly.
- Lemon promotes liver biomedical functions.
- It eliminates the deposits of the stomach and intestines.
- Lemon water diet promotes clear skin and hair.
- It gets rid of the poisonous juice of gallbladder and uric acid in the body.
- It reduces bleeding and severe bleeding.
- Lemon saves you from flu and cold.
- Lemon water diet controls the overweight and helps in losing weight by reducing the percentage of fats in body.
- Lemon is a disinfectant of toxins.
- It gives body relaxation especially for arteries and blood vessels.
- It detoxifies body especially stomach.
- It balances pH levels in body.( pH is a measure of the acidity or basicity of an aqueous solution. )
- Lemon juice stimulates the flow of saliva and gastric juice and is an excellent digestive agent
- It protects the lining of internal organs from putrefaction.
- Lemon protects body from bacterial infections.
Looks like a miracle? It is right. Lemon is a real miracle with all of these features and benefits for body. Plus lemon is a very delicious component in the most food recipes. The distinctive sour taste of lemon juice makes it a key ingredient in drinks and foods.
You probably did not notice this before but lemon is the winner knight in every recipe. Try to use it with beef, chicken, fish and turkey recipes. It cleans meat and gives their recipes irresistible.
Also, lemon is an essential element in the manufacture of brioches, cakes and many desserts.
It is preferable item in making green smoothies especially for losing weight. it has many medical uses.
Lemon Water Diet and Losing Weight
Lemon water diet proved that it has the ability to give the high spirits to persons who want to lose weight. Fat body has no ability to control the big amount of water which accumulates in fat cells. The mix of lemon and water has the ability of eliminating fat cells. Many nutritionists recommend drink a cup of lemon and water in the morning on an empty stomach.
Even if you don’t really committed with a moderated diet plan, lemon water diet is very important to keep the level of water in body cells. It also gives you the enough energy to do exercises effectively.
Lemon Water Diet Recipes
Firstly I’m not going to speak about what if lemon diet water is suitable for your health status or not. You have to ask your doctor in case of you suffer from any chronic diseases.
Instead, I’m going to show you the most recommended recipes for this mix. By the way, nutritionists advised to commit with lemon water diet for 4 consecutive days at least to get the required effect whatever your choice is.
- ½ of 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp of pure honey
- 1/8 tbsp of red capsicum (optional)
Mix all ingredients freshly and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of maple juice
- ½ liter of lukewarm water
- ¼ of red pepper (optional)
At first you have to mix these components before using directly. Second, you have 2 choices to drink it:
- Drink a small cup every 2 hours
- Drink a big cup one time in the morning
- ¼ tbsp of cumin
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 1 big lemon (cut into slices)
Soak cumin and lemon in the boiled water for the whole night. Drink the mix in the morning on an empty stomach.
All previous recipes suppose that you are committing with a healthy diet system.
General Tips about Using Lemon
- Lemon is safe for all ages without any side effects.
- It is not recommended to drink lemon juice without diluting by water. It may harm teeth and stomach.
- Fresh yellow lemon is better than green. Also, lemon with soft crust contains juice more than lemon with coarse crust.
- Lemon contains little amount of C vitamin (unlike what is commonly said).
- Generally, you have to ask your doctor before starting any type of diet plans.
Start Your Day with Warm Water & Lemon
Lemon Water Diet Refutations
In spite of all these experiments and recommendations (including Dr Marilyn Glenville’s book) there is a group of scientists who looks at lemon water diet as a fake diet.
One of them is Professor Suzy Weems, the professor of Family and Consumer Sciences.
“Sometimes this is recommended by naturalists, those who practice folk medicine, or simply friends and neighbors for morning consumption and sometimes as an evening ritual,” she said. “The claims for it are rather extensive and without scientific data to support them.”
Amy Jamieson-Petonic, a dietitian for Cleveland Clinic Wellness and spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association. She wondered about lemon water diet and said that she didn’t find a scientific-based research linking hot water and lemon with weight loss or improved digestion.
Dr. John Hernried stressed Dr. Jamieson-Petonic’s words and warned about using something without accredited studies.
Finally, weather lemon water diet is a beneficial solution for losing weight or not, experiencing and results is the real judge.