- Women's Health»
List Of What To Pack For Your Hospital Stay When Having Your Baby!
Okay, so the time is coming closer and closer! Almost time for your little bladder-squeezer (uh... I mean little bundle of joy) to make his arrival. You have been planning this day for months. You have the nursery set up with a crib, a singing mobile, cutesy wall decor, and lots and lots of DIAPERS! But, what do you have packed for your 2-4 day stay at the hospital when it's time to push? Well if you are like me, you probably have your entire bedroom loaded into a large duffel bag. Well, honestly you will not need it! Don't over pack, it's just going to be one more thing to think about repacking when leaving to go back home. Here is a list of the necessities.
- A Medium Sized Duffel Bag (or any type of medium sized luggage that is easily transported).
- A pair of black sweat pants to ride home in (trust me you are going to want something dark, so if not black, aim for navy blue).
- A loose fitting top, if you look in a maternity store they sell loose fitting nursing tops. This may be convenient if you plan of breast feeding.
- 2-3 Pairs of undies, not thongs, big girl panties to support the large hospital sized maxi's you will be sporting.
- A nursing bra (can also be found in maternity shops).
- A relaxing night gown/robe (this is only if you do not want to wear the gowns they provide you with in hospital. If you are worried about the open back, ask for 2 and wear one backwards… that’s what I did!).
- Tooth brush (toothpaste will be provided for you).
- Hair brush, any spray or gel you think you will need, and maybe a little bit of foundation. (This may sound silly since you will be exhausted and think you will not care about your appearance, but your husband will be taking pictures of the new mommy and baby, and you will regret it if you’re looking a mess in all of your first photos with your new child... TRUST ME).
- A pair of easy to wear slippers or sandles.
- Chap Stick! My lips were so dry after the whole ordeal I absolutely recommend bringing your own; otherwise you will get stuck with the nasty Chap Stick they offer you in the hospital.
- 1 onesie, 1 pajama (or outfit depending on your preference and weather), a baby hat, and a blanket for your newborn to ride home in.
- A cell phone to call everyone with the great news!
- A camera to capture all of the special moments.
- A book or magazine to read if you get bored while your precious baby is asleep.
This list is a guideline of what you will need to be prepared and comfortable while in recovery from giving birth. There are other things you can pack if you think you will 100 % need it, however several of the items you may consider packing will be provided by the hospital. Such as diapers, wipes, shampoo, conditioner, or even soap will be there so no need to over stuff your baby delivery bag. Keep it simple and light. The most important thing to remember is to just relax and breathe. You are about to become the best mommy that tiny baby could ever ask for!