- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Live Your Life To The Fullest
Living Life To The Fullest
The Eyes of Love
We tend to think we will live forever - that there will be time enough for doing the right thing. Tomorrow we will enjoy a beautiful sunset. Sometime soon, we will forgive those who have hurt us. The beautiful gifts of mother nature are not going anywhere, we can spend more time later appreciating the wonder of her creations.
I have learned a lesson about the limit of time we really have. I thought my son would always be here and never in my wildest dreams could a disease called 'cancer' take him from me. We never know when we say goodbye to a loved one if we will see them again.
We never know but what a wildfire can rear it's ugly head and destroy every possession you own, along with the beauty of the forest. (Idyllwild, California, USA Fires of 2013.)
The world is beautiful and wonderful and life can be easy when you make love your way of life. Make loving others a choice even if you don't have a reason to love. This way of life makes you happy and brings inner peace.
Try to see everything through the eyes of love.
Live In The Moment
as though it were your last
Yesterday is gone
so don’t live in the past
Forgive all those who hurt you
they know not what they do
You’ll be a better person
If you learn to love them too
Take time to smell the flowers
Take time to enjoy the view
There’s beauty all around you
The sky is always new
We have the power to change our thoughts
We can be happy or sad
It’s only our perception
that makes things good or bad
Be thankful for the little things
a smile, a song, a touch
Don’t let a kind word go unsaid
a smile doesn’t take much
Loving one another
is the best thing we can do
Its medicine to feed the soul
We feel it through and through
Each moment is a gift to us
Use it wisely now, my friend
Don’t waste it, don’t abuse it
It will never come again
Audrey Hunt, vocalcoach
Written and copyright 2011. Permission to use in any form must be granted by Audrey Hunt
How Can I Live In The Moment?
Learning to live in the moment isn't an easy thing to do. Our minds continually get over-loaded with stress, thinking about past events and cluttered dialogue. Here are a few tips to help you on your path to living in the moment:
- Clear the clutter. The first we need to do is to clear our minds. Most mind clutter comes from living in the past. Let go of it. Let go of the mistakes you’ve made, opportunities you’ve missed, people you've hurt, and anything else you hold on to.
- Too much information. Believe it or not storing too much information in your mind can clog it up the same way too much garbage in the kitchen drain can cause clogging. So limit watching television, especially the news, social media, cell phones, magazines, etc. By doing this mind cleaning, you will create space in your brain.
- Meditate. When we meditate we learn to focus our mind on the present moment. There was a time when I resisted meditation. I didn't have time. I had too much to do and endless things to worry about. Ironic isn't it? Here I am, a vocal coach specializing in breathing, and focusing on our breath only causes all other thoughts to disappear.
- Play. How does playing help to live in the moment? The endorphins (feel-good chemicals) that are released in the brain clean-sweep the clutter allowing us to focus on the moment.
Start these tips a little at a time, just a few minutes each day, then gradually increase one or two. Eventually this will become automatic giving you the power to focus and live in the moment.
“The person in life that you will always be with the most, is yourself. Because even when you are with others, you are still with yourself, too! When you wake up in the morning, you are with yourself, laying in bed at night you are with yourself, walking down the street in the sunlight you are with yourself.What kind of person do you want to walk down the street with? What kind of person do you want to wake up in the morning with? What kind of person do you want to see at the end of the day before you fall asleep? Because that person is yourself, and it's your responsibility to be that person you want to be with. I know I want to spend my life with a person who knows how to let things go, who's not full of hate, who's able to smile and be carefree. So that's who I have to be.”
C Joybell C
Treasure Every Moment
Do you do the things you love? If your answer is no then I'm asking why not? Every moment that we live, every breath we take is a gift - a treasure. Make time for the things you love to do. You are the top priority. Honor yourself by putting your wants and needs first.
No, this is not being selfish. In fact it's completely unselfish. It's really quite simple. When you take care of yourself first, you are better able to take care of others. You can't tend to sick folks when you, yourself, are sick. And when you are happy and fulfilled you are able to bring happiness and fulfillment to others.
Treasure every moment whether it's good or bad.
“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath."
Amit Ray, Om Chanting and Meditation
Thank you for being here. I appreciate your time and support. I'd love to hear from you and the comment section is a place to share your thoughts.
“Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”
― Audrey Hepburn
© 2010 Audrey Hunt