- Diet & Weight Loss
Lose Weight Forever: Top Tips for Easy Permanent Weight Loss
Firstly: Before I discuss diets or mention any tips for weight loss, you must be realistic about your weight. Know the recommended weight for your build and your height. Also, get a clean bill of health from your Doctor before you make any drastic changes to your diet, especially if you are taking medication, have an illness, are pregnant or are very over weight.
Secondly: Don't make silly excuses, just get on with it. Lying about what you eat, what you drink or how many times you've gone for a walk this week makes no difference to anyone but you. Look at the bigger picture: if you lie about your diet or your exercise the only one your kidding is yourself. We have eyes and we can see your still fat.
It's not all about limp lettuce
It's about eating healthy foods
Invest in a little helper to achieve a slimmer look...
Even the Celebs cheat and wear Spanx...
A Few Important Pointers Why Patience is The Key
A sensible approach to weight loss is crucial to be effective and more importantly to be permanent. Patience is the key to weight loss and will power is a must. Dieting also requires an independent approach based on your own individual needs and of course your body type. If you are very over weight or are carrying your weight in one particular area of your body more than other areas and you lose weight too quickly you are in danger of the following...
- Putting all the weight back on, and even more weight.
- Binge eating.
- Having loose saggy hanging skin and folds of skin especially around the stomach, inner thigh and upper arm areas.
- Being bad tempered and irritable.
- Suffering from headaches and dizziness.
- Suffering with constipation or diarrhea.
- Being tired/lethargic.
- Feeling sapped of all energy.
Low fat can be full flavour
Counting calories is an important understanding of weight loss: eating more calories than your body needs to function will result in weight gain...
Don't like exercise: get out in the garden and grow your own vegetables and burn off those extra calories
A Few Important Basics
- The average woman needs 2000 calories a day and the average man 2500 calories a day. You will need to cut those calories by 500. Girls you're down to 1500 calories a day and boys you have 2000 calories a day.
- As you lose weight you need to tone up. It is essential that you exercise. Add in a 30 minute brisk walk 4 times a week, and you will burn off a further 500 calories per week.
- Visit your local swimming baths twice a week for a 30 minute swim and you'll burn a further 420 calories per week. Better still opt for the ocean and you'll burn even extra calories swimming in the surf.
- Walk whenever possible, wherever possible: park your car a little further away from work; get off the bus two stops before your stop, get up 20 minutes earlier and go for a quick stroll.
- Pass on the elevator and take the stairs whenever possible.
- Keep active during the day; stretch your limbs if sitting for long periods at work.
- Potter at home or in the garden. Every single movement you make burns calories even those mundane household chores. Bottom line: get moving.
Invest in a blender: make your own delicious fresh low fat smoothies and blitz up some vegetables for everyday healthy soups
Make your own low fat soups with low fat chicken stock
- Low Calorie Soups, With Homemade Chicken Stock
The most important ingredient in any soup is the stock. A good stock will give you a great soup, and a great soup that's low in calories is your best friend. Please change the consistency to suit your own...
Know what healthy foods to eat and why you need to eat them: 150 Healthiest Foods
Zero Calorie Foods can help lose weight as part of a healthy diet
- Zero Calorie Foods
There is a God and you can eat food that takes more energy to digest and adsorb into the system than the actual energy in the food itself. What that means is, food that has less calories than your body uses to...
Top Ten Weight Loss Tips
- Bin The Fat:
Chose lean cuts of meat and trim off any excess fat. Crackling and crispy skin are laden with calories and fat; not to mention the effect fat has on your heart and your arteries.
- Always Eat Breakfast:
A piece of fruit, a smoothie or a yogurt drink are better than nothing. The reason behind this; to kick start your system. Meaning your bowel movements will be regular and your system flushed through. A healthy digestive system is important even more so when losing weight. Missing breakfast won't help you lose weight.
- Don't Eat Too Many Green Leafy Vegetables:
Too many green leafy vegetables for example cabbage, kale and spinach can cause wind and bloating to the stomach. Eat a good variety of vegetables, not just leafy ones.
- Eat Fruit On It's Own:
Fruit takes time to digest. Eating fruit too close to your main meals can cause unease in your stomach. The food can sit in your stomach for a considerable time before digesting completely. This will make you feel sluggish and lazy.
- Keep A Food Diary:
Yes, a food diary. It's amazing how many people grab a biscuit, pinch a few fries or eat their kids leftovers and don't recall doing it.
- Know What Your Eating:
Low fat products often contain almost the same calories and fat as the real mccoy. You eat twice has much thinking that it's ok, when in actual fact you'd be better off sticking with a little of the full fat version.
- Buy A Calorie Counter:
It's amazing the foods that have a high fat and/or calorie content. Some breakfast cereals carry more calories than a poached egg on toast. Your average bagel can tip the scales at 300 calories; without the cream cheese.
- Opt For Fresh Juice:
Many shop bought juices are full of sugar. A glass of juice goes towards your five a day.
- Make A Batch Of Homemeade Soup:
Soup is a filling, low fat snack and also goes toward your five a day. Freeze in individual portions and defrost as required.
- Tell Your Friends And Family:
Tell your family and your friends you've decided to improve your health. You may even get a few supporters along the way. Exercising with a few friends will help motivate you, especially in the beginning.
A Sample 1500 Calorie Menu
I realise some people may think 1500 calories a day is very little food, but that doesn't have to be the case. There are many foods that are tasty, low in fat and low in calories. In fact check out the link: Zero Calorie Foods to bulk up your menu without you bulking up too.
Below is a sample menu to give you an idea of the amount of food you can eat for 1500 calories.
- 200 ml of fresh orange juice 60 cals
- 2 small poached eggs 140 cals
- 2 grilled pieces of lean bacon 100 cals
- 1 grilled tomato 20 cals
- 1 grilled waffle 95 cals
- black coffee 5 cals
Total calories 420
- cup of soup 100 cals
- small brown roll 100 cals
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter 35 cals
Total calories 235
- 5 oz chicken breast grilled 150 cals
- 1 medium jacket potato 160 cals
- 1 corn on the cob 90 cals
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli 10 cals
- 1/2 teaspoons of butter (for your vegetables) 105 calories
Total calories 515
- 2 sml plums 80 cals
- 2 shortbread biscuits 80 cals
- 1 x 150 ml glass of white wine 100 cals
- 1 after eight dinner mint 35 cals
Total calories 295
Total calories for the day 1465 calories
Boys can add a few extra calories, for example: add an extra waffle at breakfast 95 cals; an extra roll and butter and double your soup at lunch 235 cals; an extra jacket potato for dinner 160 cals; an extra piece of fruit 40 cals.
Total calories for the day 1995 calories
The above menu doesn't scream of a diet: it's simply eating a little healthier. Losing weight is not about dropping stones in weeks, it's about teaching yourself and your family to eat healthier and to appreciate your body and what you put into it. Little tips like the ones I've mentioned are very easy to add to your daily lives and with very little effort. Being aware of your food and what you eat will make a huge difference to your waistline and to your bank balance.
Don't put losing weight off any longer, start now, start today. A little exercise and a few changes in your diet will carve the way to a slimmer, trimmer you. Dieting doesn't have to be a plate of salad and treats don't have to be banned. Losing weight really can be easy and healthy. Be aware and start to care about your body today. Good luck, and remember: slow weight loss is successful weight loss and successful weight loss is permanent weight loss and permanent weight loss is our aim.
Why Can't You Lose Weight?
© 2011 Gabriel Wilson