Lose 5-8 Pounds in a Week | Jillian Michael's Detox Water
7 Day Detox
Detoxes and cleanses are a great way to rid the body of excess wait and reduce bloating. They are a great first step towards healthier habits and cleaner living. This detox runs over the coarse of 7 days. Each day you will prepare a fresh mix of the drink and drink the full 60 oz throughout the day. While this will not produce results as strong as a laxative it is a good idea to make sure you have access to a restroom throughout the day.
Benefits from this Detox
Lemon Juice: Contains pectin, a soluble fiber, that can help you towards your weight loss goals. It aids the digestive system making it easier for the body to eliminate waste products. Lemons are also rich in vitamin c which helps rejuvenate skin from within.
Dandelion Root Tea: Contains vitamins a, c, d. Aids the body in digestion by working as a very mild laxative and balancing the bacteria in the intestines.
Cranberry Juice: Rich in antioxidants. Rich in organic acids which help to break down fat deposits in the body
How to Prepare
Prep time: ~4 min
- 60 oz purified water
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar free 100% cranberry juice
- 1 dandelion root tea bag
1. Prepare the tea as directed on the box and allow it to cool to room temperature.
2. In a pitcher mix together the water, lemon juice, and cranberry juice.
3. Once the tea has cooled pour the entire cup, including the tea bag into the pitcher.
4. Consume the entire pitcher over the course of the day.
- It's very important to make sure you are using sugar free 100% cranberry juice as things like juice cocktail won't produce the same effect.
- This may cause you to breakout as your body tries to rid itself of toxins. Don't worry this is normal and you'll be left with clearer, healthier looking skin after.
- The drink is fairly bitter, adding ice will make it more bearable.
- You should definitely eat during this cleanse and drink the daily recommended amount of water also.
- This cleanse is best done every few months.