Lose Weight Fast for Body Shape: Best Diet & Foods to Achieve Weight Loss for Women with Apple Shaped Bodies
Dieting for your Body Type
How to lose weight fast
We've all been there... fad diets, trendy gyms, crazy exercise machines and gotten absolutely nowhere - or if we did, we rebound so fast we ended up with whiplash.
If you really want to lose weight fast you need to get a handle on what your body type is first because what works for a pear shaped body won't work for the apple shaped female.
What is an Apple Shape? What does it mean?
Traditionally, apple shaped women tend to store large amounts of fat in their abdomens, backs and chest, this fat is called visceral fat and it is stored around the internal organs rather than on the surface like a pear shape.
As a result of high amounts of visceral fat the apple shaped woman is at a higher risk for weight-related medical conditions, including but not limited to: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes and stroke.
Why an 'Apple-Shape' Boosts Heart Risk
Foods high in sugar can be absolutely deadly to an apple shaped woman.
The fat stored around the mid-section is insulin resistant. As a result of having fat cells that can't manage blood sugar at all there may be a spike in blood glucose levels, which leads to the excess sugar being stored as fat in the abdomen - a vicious cycle!
Avoiding foods high in sugar and processed carbohydrates are essential to beating this cycle of fat storage.
Some foods high in sugar are:
1. Ready to eat cereals, oatmeal and cereal bars (up to 56% sugar)
2. Condiments and Sauces: Ketchup, Caramel Syrups, Salad Dressing, Chocolate Syrups (up to 50% sugar)
3. Soft drinks and drink powders (up to 94% sugar)
4. Granulated sugar, other sweeteners such as: honey, molasses, brown sugar, sorghum sugar, sweetened condensed milk (up to 99% sugar)
5. Candies, nougats (up to 83% sugar) – even candied fruits can be bad!
6. Dried fruits: Fruit roll ups, raisins, dried figs, dates, prunes, dried apricots (up to 81% sugar)
7. Cookies, cakes and pies (up to 71% sugar)
8. Canned fruit packed in syrup (up to 22% sugar) – just because its fruit doesn’t mean it is safe!
Protein Recipe Books
The more muscle your body has, the easier burning calories during exercise will be which will burn that belly fat off.
To build fat burning muscle tissues you need to load up on protein.
Adding lean proteins such as turkey breast, tofu, fish, and boneless, skinless chicken breast to your diet can aid in fast muscle building and keep you full for longer periods.
Lean Protein Recipes
- Seared Tuna and Bean Salad Recipe | Reader's Digest
Perhaps the ideal cholesterol-lowering meal! It can help your heart and protect your brain. Baked or grilled, you really can't go wrong with fish. Looking for nutritious meal ideas? Give these recipes a try.
Skip the red velvet cupcakes and pick up some fiber rich foods like baby carrots, broccoli and artichokes.
Eating food high in fiber will take longer to digest than sugar, which will lower your insulin levels, help you feel fuller and keep you satisfied longer while slowing the digestive process.
High Fiber Recipe Books
Some foods high in fiber are:
5. Nuts – Almonds, Walnuts, Brazil Nuts
6. Beans – Lentils, Pinto Beans, Lima Beans, Navy beans, Chick Peas, Garbanzo Beans
7. Sweet Potatoes
A Few High-Fiber Recipes
- Chipotle Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries | How to Make Sweet Potato Fries : Sarah's Cucina Bella
An easy recipe for sweet and spice sweet potato fries.
- Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe - Tablespoon
At around 300 calories, this smoothie recipe is great for a light meal or a larger snack.
- High-Fiber Raisin Bran Muffins - Healthy Recipe Finder | Prevention
I love muffins but wanted them to be nutritious, low in calories and fat, and high in fiber. Since I changed to a high-fiber, low-fat diet after my second child, I lost 60 pounds and have kept it off for 1 1/2 years now. These muffins are a great...
Dieting for Your Body Type
A diet low in fat is always good for you, but is better designed for a pear shaped body to lose weight fast - apples tend to lose weight slower with this method.
A diet low in sugar and high in fiber is the key to manipulating the method your body packs on the fat in the midsection and the core root to shedding the pounds fast as an apple shaped woman.
In the end if you maintain a healthy lifestyle of regular exercise and low sugar, high fiber dieting then you are destined for success with the apple body type!