Low Calorie Dessert Recipes - Low Fat Dessert Recipes
Looking for some delicious low calorie dessert recipes that are quick and easy to prepare? Here are some of my favorite low fat dessert recipes that I ‘indulge’ in on a frequent basis. Add them to your recipe file and enjoy them night after night.
If you don't have time to throw together my low calorie dessert recipes, make sure to check out the end of the article, where I list some 'no cooking' required low calorie dessert ideas. You'll also find some helpful links to a wide array of various low calorie recipe articles that I've published.
Let's get started!
Decadent Chocolate & Strawberry Sundae Recipe
This is probably my most favorite dessert. It has approximately 175 calories per serving, so it is a great dessert to have when you’ve been eating healthy throughout the day. It is so delicious and to me, tastes even better than a traditional ice cream sundae. Enjoy!
- ½ cup of Chocolate Soy Ice Cream
- 1 cup of fresh, sliced strawberries
- Fat-free whipped topping
- Scoop a half cup serving of chocolate soy ice cream (or use low-fat frozen chocolate yogurt).
- Layer your sliced strawberries on top.
- Dollop with some fat-free whipped topping.
Low Fat Apple Recipe - Quick & Easy ‘Baked’ Apples!
This dessert is very low in calories and is very satisfying. To me, it tastes like apple crisp or apple pie a la mode without all the calories. Even better, it is very simple to prepare and you can have it ready to enjoy in just a few minutes.
This low fat apple recipe is great for dessert, a snack or even a side dish (I love it served with lean pork chops).
- 1 apple (Braeburn or Gala varieties are my favorite for this recipe)
- All-spice seasoning
- Fat-Free whipped topping
Note: If you use a less-sweet variety of apple, such as Granny Smith, you may want to add a pinch of Splenda. Otherwise, I find that Braeburns and Galas provide enough sweetness through the cooking process to create a yummy dessert.
- Wash, peel and chop your apple.
- Place the apple pieces in a microwave safe dish and sprinkle on cinnamon and a bit of all-spice seasoning to suit your tastes.
- Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Remove from microwave (apples will be HOT!)
- Serve in a dish and add a dab of fat-free whipped topping.
Low Calorie Smoothie Recipe - Cardamom Ginger Yogurt Smoothie
This recipe was inspired back in February when I was sampling some Cardamom Ginger Gelato at my local Whole Foods Market. It tasted great, but was a little bit sweet (and caloric) for my tastes.
- ½ cup of very cold fat-free milk
- ½ cup of low-calorie vanilla yogurt (artificially sweetened)
- Ginger powder (to taste)
- Cardamom (to taste)
- Combine the milk and yogurt in your blender.
- Very important: Start with small amounts of ginger and cardamom. The level of spiciness can vary depending on the freshness of your spices. Fresh spices are much stronger in taste than spices that have been on the shelf for a year.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste your smoothie and add more ginger or cardamom, if necessary. If it’s not sweet enough, simply add some of your favorite artificial sweetener to achieve your desired level of sweetness.
- Pour into a nice tall glass and serve with a straw. Easy and delicious!
More Low Calorie Recipes for Healthy Eating
Low Calorie Dessert Ideas (No ‘cooking’ required)
Perhaps you don’t even have enough time to throw together my quick and easy low calorie desserts. If so, no worries - here is a list of satisfying and delicious low calorie desserts that you can enjoy on the run, in front of the television or use to add a bit of fun to your bagged lunch.
- Frozen grapes
- Grilled pineapple
- Fruit salad
- Apple sauce
- Chocolate graham cracker
- 2 flavored rice cakes (caramel)
- Sugar-free pudding cup
- Sugar-free jello cup
- 1 ice popsicle