- Diet & Weight Loss
Keto Friendly Enchilada Casserole
What did you think?
Must Try Dish!
This is a flavorful dish with a unique crust-like layer underneath that perfectly complements the meaty, cheesy goodness on top. You could easily adapt this to other dietary needs by substituting the ingredients.
- 4 ounces (113 g) full fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) taco seasoning, low-sugar or homemade
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) almond flour/meal
- 6 ounces (168 g) colby jack cheese
- 1 pound (450 g) 85/15 ground beef
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) taco seasoning
- 8 ounces (240 mL) enchilada sauce, low-sugar or homemade
- 4 ounces (113 g) green chili peppers, chopped
- 6 - 8 ounces (168 - 230 g) shredded cheese of your choice
- sour cream, optional
- salsa, optional
- guacamole, optional
This recipe fits perfectly into the keto model of eating. It is high in fat, provides plenty of protein, and at an impressive 3g net carbs only, you don't have to worry about going back for seconds. Whether you are watching your figure or eating for epilepsy, you shouldn't have to sacrifice flavor with dull "diet" foods. This recipe is just the ticket for feeling full and keeping on track with your goals.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C, gas mark 4) and grease a 9 x 13" casserole dish.
- Beat the cream cheese, eggs, taco seasoning, and almond meal on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese by hand and press into dish.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or just until the top is lightly browned.
- Brown the hamburger, drain the fat if you prefer. (Nutrition facts assume the fat is left in.)
- Return to low heat and add the green chiles and taco seasoning cooking until the chiles are hot.
- Add the enchilada sauce and remove from heat.
- Put the mixture onto the baked crust and cover with the shredded cheese of your choice.
- Return the dish to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Add toppings of your choice.
|Serving size: 1/12|
|Calories from Fat||171|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 19 g||29%|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Protein 15 g||30%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|