Upgrade your Greek yogurt with flavor twists
I've spent several years on a journey of finding the right yogurt that fit into my healthy diet. I've always tried to eat healthy and lose weight. Part of my diet is having Greek yogurt everyday. The best yogurts are Greek yogurts, as they have a higher amount of protein, lower carbs, and more of the beneficial probiotics. The Greek yogurts that seem to taste better tend to have more artificial flavors and ingredients and more carbs and calories. The healthiest Greek yogurts are the plain and fat-free varieties. The problem with that is, well, they don't taste good. It's hard to eat something when it doesn't taste good. Yes, I want to be healthy, but let's be serious, I want to enjoy it!
- Greek Yogurt & Weight Loss | LIVESTRONG.COM
While Greek yogurt has no special weight loss powers, as a higher source of satiating protein than regular yogurt...
Which type of yogurt do you eat?
Try adding any of these to your plain, fat-free Greek yogurt for a flavor boost. Make it yours, with flavors you like, and get creative!
- 1/8 tsp. pure Madagascar Vanilla extract + raw organic honey
- 1/8 tsp. pure Rose extract + raw organic honey (my favorite ♥ )
- 1/8 tsp. pure Lavender extract + splash of juice from a lemon + raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp. of the dry sugar-free, fat-free pudding mix (flavors: chocolate, lemon, vanilla, white chocolate, butterscotch, cheesecake, banana cream, pistachio)
- Splash some of the juice from an orange, a lime, or a lemon to any combination
- 1 tsp. of a sugar-free Torani syrup (there are lots of flavors available)
- a dash of cinnamon, ginger, or cardamom
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin purée + 1 tsp. sugar-free cinnamon vanilla Torani syrup
- 1/4 cup blueberries + 1 tbsp. Of the dry sugar-free fat-free cheesecake pudding mix
- 1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract + 1 tsp. Sugar-free orange Torani syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon sugar-free fat-free pudding mix + 1 tsp. coconut sugar-free syrup
Get creative with your Greek yogurt and mix some flavors together. You can also add in some fresh fruit, nuts, or coconut. What will you add in to your Greek yogurt? What kind of yogurt do you eat now?