- Alternative & Natural Medicine
What are the Benefits of Massage : Herbal oils, Spa treatments!
Useful hub by Chitrangada Sharan
- YOGASANA or YOGIC Exercises: For Sound Mind, Body An...
Yogasana is preferred over other forms of physical exercises. Why! As it is safe and can be practiced at any age and without getting exhausted. Learn to perform it correctly, to get the max. benefits.
How Is Massage Beneficial For Your Body?
© Chitrangada Sharan May, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
- I remember the days, when my Grandfather came back home after a long and tiring day, some of the juniors in the family giving him head and body massage with oil, preferably Mustard oil.
- It was also done with home made herbal oils, helpful in relaxing muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Who doesn't know about the benefits of Massage during and after pregnancy!
- All of us must have given gentle massage to our babies. This is very necessary when they are in Infant stage, not only to relieve tension in their body from constantly lying on their bed but also to build their body strong.
- So Massage is an old age tradition and was practiced to relieve stress and tension and also any mild pain which a person may have due to extensive physical or mental work.
- Massage is still considered quite beneficial but now it is done in Modern Massage centers and that too with lot of variations.
- These variations are in the form of fragrant essential oils, herbal and medicinal oils.
- Of course you have to pay a handsome amount of money to get an expert Massage.
1. Well if you ask me, the feeling is wonderful, because it means someone is really caring for you and genuinely trying to relieve you of pain or anxiety.
2. It does help you in relieving tensions, stress and anxiety. Try it and you will agree with me.
3. Persons with sleep disorder get relief with a head massage and may get a sound sleep after that. I do have head massage with cool herbal oil to get good sleep after a tiring day.
4. A gentle massage can give relief to soft tissue injuries.
5. Massage relieves and relaxes muscle tensions in hands, legs, calf muscles, back and can be beneficial in minor digestive disorders, if done correctly.
Useful hub by Chitrangada Sharan
- Water Cure Or Water Therapy : Alternative Methods Of...
Water is the most essential element and component of human physiology. It also has wonderful healing properties, with the presence of various crucial elements present in it, beneficial for health.
Massage: Is So Important For All Age Groups:
- Massage thus can be termed as a safe, alternative therapy for the treatment of pain, stress and general tiredness.
- Mostly Massage is done with hands and palms, by the process of pressing, kneading, rubbing the affected body part. It can also be done by tapping and applying little pressure and vibrations.
- As a layman we can understand that this increases blood circulation in that part of the body, which helps to soothe and relax the muscles.
- The smooth blood circulation also helps the influx of oxygenated blood and helps to throw out toxins from that body part. This helps to give relief to the person from pain and stress.
Massage should be done in the correct way to get the maximum benefits:
- To get the best results, it is necessary to use the correct technique of massage.
- Nowadays there are training centers for massage therapists and everything is done in a scientific way.
- And for this the massage therapist must understand the blood circulation system in human body. And this is how the therapist at the Spa explained to me the whole process.
- The Heart receives impure blood from all organs of the body.
- Then the blood is sent to the lungs to become pure and oxygenated.
- Then that pure blood is circulated throughout the body by the many arteries.
- The focus of the massage therapist is to rub, press or tap the muscles towards the heart as the impure blood circulates towards the heart.
- If done otherwise, the massage may not be effective to relieve the stress.
You may or may not use oil for massage. You can have a daily dry massage by yourself, using the same technique as mentioned above and maintain good health.
But Oil massage has medicinal properties and helps even to protect and prevent us from various minor ailments.
If you happen to visit an Ayurvedic shop at a reputed mall, you will be amazed at the variety of Herbal oils displayed there.
You may find :
Amla or Gooseberry oil,
Almond oil and other wonderful
Aroma oils lined up there.
The modern day' s Spa treatments use such and other oils or a combination of them to satisfy their customers.
Whereas there are so many, I still prefer Olive oil for body massage throughout the year and Mustard oil massage for winters, since it brings warmth to the body from severe cold.
Coconut oil and Amla oil is good for head massage. In summers however herbal oil with Camphor is very effective in keeping you cool.
Do you agree that Massage is an alternative therapy to relieve pain and anxiety?
The best dead Sea Mud Mask, Buy from Amazon
A Word Of Caution:
While massage is beneficial to everyone having normal health conditions, it may not be the same for persons having certain health issues.
- Persons on blood thinning medications,
- Person having Osteoporosis,
- Persons having vein thrombosis or in simpler words has a tendency of blood clots within veins,
- Persons with open wounds, fractures or burns,
- Persons having Allergies from unknown substances,
- Persons having some kind of Nerve disorder.
Therefore before you start any kind of Massage, as a therapy, you must consult your Doctor. Moreover, you must go for a certified Massage therapist.
It is necessary these days, to get certifications done as per government' s guidelines. Always go for a reputed and registered Massage clinic.
Still better, learn it yourself and you can have self massage or you can take the help of your family member.
© Chitrangada Sharan 7th May, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Easy Massage Techniques: Source: You tube
Face and scalp massage technique, source: You tube
Other Related Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- Reiki As An Alternative Therapy For Mental And Physi...
In 'Reiki therapy' universal life energy, flows from the practitioner's hands towards the body and is utilized to heal the mind, body, immune system, to get rid of toxins and this leads to relaxation.
- Stress Management- How To Manage And Reduce Stress B...
Art Therapy is an effective tool to reduce and manage stress. It helps those affected to overcome emotional disorders n improve communication skills. They express difficult feelings by means of Art.
- What Is Naturopathy And Its 5 Elements: Can The Body...
Naturopathy is a combination of Ayurveda, Yoga, Homeopathy, Herbal n other such methods of treatment. This system of healing revolves around the five basic elements, Earth, Air, Water, Sun and Ether.
- 10 Tips To Sleep Well At Night: Sleep Disorder Or In...
How do you feel in the morning, if you did not have good sleep at night. Sleeplessness/Insomnia is usually related to mental tension, stress, anxiety or even the modern lifestyle. Some tips to cure it!
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan