Miracle Malunggay - Moringa Oleifera Wonder
The Malunggay in the Philippines also known as Moringa Oleifera in its scientific name has a lot to offer as a herbal medicine. Found mostly on tropical countries, it is widely used for food and medicine. Normally found on stews, soups, and salads, Malunggay is now processed in tablet, tea and capsulated forms. With its popularity growing among health enthusiasts, it is even used in bread and pasta production. Let's look at why this small green leaf has been the talk in the health and wellness world. Also, let's look at the vitamins and minerals included in the Malunggay leaf and how our body would benefit from those.
According to studies Malunggay is rich in vitamin A, B6, B2(riboflavin) and C. It also provides a lot of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and protein making it a very good herbal multivitamin.
- With the vitamin A as one of its component, it provides a healthy immune system and may slow the process of the decline in retinal function which is very essential for a healthy vision. It also prevents night blindness and also promotes healthy skin.
- Riboflavin or vitamin B2 is a water soluble vitamin that can't be stored in our body. It is essential in the production of energy and is needed by our body on a daily dosage.
- Vitamin B6 or Pyridoxamine protects our immune system and is very good for our metabolism.
- Vitamin C has been known to be great for our immune system but with the help of Moringa Oleifera, it may also help in lowering blood pressure. There has been a study that Vitamin C may improve blood vessel dilation and it can protect our cardiovascular health.
- Iron helps in the production of red blood cells. Deficiency in iron can lead to anemia.
- Calcium as we all know plays a vital role in maintaining strong bones.
- Magnesium helps increase energy, it also regulates minerals like potassium, sodium and calcium. It is also very important for our heart.
- Malunggay leaves has 15 times more potassium than a banana. Potassium increases the sodium excretion in our urine helping our blood vessels dilate. It also affects our blood pressure by changing the interactions of our hormones.
The Malunggay leaves contain an antimicrobial compound called pterygospermin which is known to have antibacterial and anti fungal properties.
It also has Antioxidant compounds. Studies show it may help lower blood pressure using a powerful antioxidant called Quercetin and may also help in moderating blood sugar levels with the Chlorogenic acid contained in its leaves.
Malunggay are known to have anti inflammatory properties as well.
With high concentrations of polyphenols, Malunggay leaves may protect our liver from toxicity, damage and oxidation. It is also said that it can restore liver enzymes to its normal state by providing more protein content in the liver. With the proper level of liver enzymes, the liver can function normally thus stabilizing the filtration of our blood.
The Malunggay leaves are also a big hit for pregnant and new moms. There was a study conducted in the Philippines showing that withMoringa Oleifera supplements there has been an increased production of milk for moms. The Malunggay leaves also regulated blood pressure which is very essential to pregnant and new born moms.
It's no wonder why they are calling this leaf the Miracle Malunggay. With all the things it can provide to promote our health and well being, it truly deserves the spotlight in the Health and wellness department.
Health Benefits of Moringa
© 2016 MangBerto08