- Exercise & Fitness»
Yoga Saved My Life!
I decided to start doing yoga one morning when I went to weigh myself and realized I couldn't because the scale only went up to 250. That was the wake-up call that woke me up and made me decide to change my life. I couldn't believe I had let myself ever get to that point and I promised myself I would never be that big again.
When I first started doing yoga I was barely able to do a simple child pose, which is one of the easiest yoga poses to do, but soon started noticing my joints becoming more and more limber with each yoga sweating session that I did. I can now do things I never thought I would have been able to do, and my weight has gone from well over 250 to a little under 200.
I do other forms of exercise as well, but I truly believe yoga is the one thing that has made the most difference. I am so much more relaxed, and flexible than I used to be, I can even do a back bend, and an L-shaped handstand now thanks to my yoga journey. Before I started doing yoga, I was barely able to walk to the mailbox without my joints aching, my body has changed drastically both physically and mentally. Yoga has truly saved my life!
Below are a couple of things you should know before adding yoga into your daily routine and the many health benefits as to why you should, so slip on your yoga pants, and get started.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when beginning your own yoga journey.
1. The most important thing you need to do first is to talk with your physician and make sure you have the okay.
2. Contact a professional Yoga instructor, if you do these poses wrong you could really hurt yourself.
3. Don't ever get discouraged, it took me years to master some of the poses I can do today.
4. Pay close attention to your progress, you will be impressed.
5. Get you a good yoga mat and some super comfy yoga pants.
6. Always keep yourself well-hydrated during and after your workout.
7. Start out by doing beginners poses, never try to rush into doing super advanced moves.
8. Never do more than your body will allow you to do.
9. Don't be afraid to sweat a little, yoga and sweating go hand in hand.
10. Get ready to feel better that you have ever felt.
I used to have so much trouble with my joints, I couldn't even sit with my legs crossed without my knees popping out of place. Since doing yoga, I have so much more mobility and strength.
When you first start doing yoga you want to add it into your daily routine in small increments. I found it was easier for me when I added, at least, five extra minutes each week until I was able to make it through an hour session. You wouldn't believe how easy your body begins to adjust to fit each pose you begin to do.
What do you think about Yoga?
Great Reasons To Do Yoga
Yoga is great for your physical, and mental well-being, here is a list of just some of the many benefits yoga has to offer.
1. Yoga is great for relieving minor aches, and pains.
2. Yoga helps you clear your mind.
3. Yoga is great for stress management.
4. Yoga is great for helping you to lose fat and build lean muscle.
5. Yoga helps improve your balance.
6. Yoga helps you learn how to control your breathing.
7. Yoga is great for stretching every muscle of your body.
8. Yoga helps improve your circulation.
9. Yoga is great for helping you achieve straight posture.
10. Yoga is great for your heart and other organs.
Yoga offers you a chance to really focus on changing yourself, both physically and mentally. I have never felt as good as I do now and I have yoga to thank for that. My mornings don't start now, without my daily routine of slipping on my yoga pants and doing my daily yoga flow.
I Am Not A Doctor!!!
I am not a doctor so please before you try any form of Yoga at all, ask your physician if you should.
- Yoga New Year's Resolution Ideas
Below are some yoga New Year's resolution ideas, the affects yoga has on your body is amazing. Yoga not only strengthens and tones the body, it is also very soul full-filling as well.
Best Yoga For You
There are different types of yoga to suit each person and their fitness level, here are just a few.
Ashtanga is mainly for people who are already in pretty good shape and is a rather advanced form of yoga, you have to work your way up to this one.
Anusara came out in the late 90"s and is also for the more physically fit, because of the challenging poses.
Vinyasa is great for beginners but also offers some more advanced strengthening poses as well.
Hatha is great for introducing beginners to poses and focuses mainly on slow breath techniques and meditation.
There are so many other different types of Yoga the best thing for you to do would be to do your own research and find which one is best for you.
Poses to build core strength
Poses to strengthen your lower back
Poses for building leg strength
Down Dog Splits
Downward Facing Dog
Rotated Side Angle