- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
My Lifelong Recovery from Anxiety, Depression, and PMS
I have suffered from chronic depression, anxiety, and PMS for over 15 years– nearly half of my life. For as long as I can remember, happiness was seldom and sorrow was abundant. As with many chronic sufferers, I have seriously considered ending my life on more than one occasion. I was willing to try anything to kill the pain.
I have spent the last 10 years trying to find a solution or ‘cure’ for my mental illness that did not involve psychiatric medication or therapy. Here is a break-down of my current plan:
- Restricted diet consisting of mostly organic raw foods
- Daily meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Daily gratitude journal
- Supplements: Vitamin D3, magnesium malate, maca, and probiotics
- Detox yoga and daily walks
- Abstinence from alcohol and other drugs
I believe than I have made significant progress in the last few years and wish to document my discoveries here. I am hoping that other sufferers may read my work and find hope for their own recovery.
This is my first entry.