- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Home Remedies
Natural Home Remedies For Treatment And Cure Of Indigestion Or Dyspepsia
Causes Of Dyspepsia
Dyspepsia is also known as indigestion, upset stomach or dysfunctional dyspepsia. It is exhibited by various symptoms all related to a disturbed digestion and discomfort in the abdomen.
There are various factors that are responsible for causing indigestion. The foremost cause is primarily, faulty eating habits as well as some others.They are listed below.
- Eating a lot of junk food which is laced with many artificial preservatives.
- No fixed eating schedule or timings.
- Eating food very fast, going to bed soon after meals.
- Eating foods which are difficult to digest, having lots of spices and oils or eating foods that do not suit one's constitution.
- Eating while stressed or tensed. People with a hot temperament suffer more digestive problems.
- Possible infection with the bacterium Helicobacter pylori.
- Excess of alcohol or smoking.
Symptoms Of Dyspepsia
A wide variety of symptoms come under the umbrella of dyspepsia. All these are not exhibited in everyone.They are:
- Feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
- Nausea with or without vomiting.
- Flatulence and expulsion of wind.
- Offensive smelling stools.
- Acid reflux, heartburn.
- Aversion to food/loss of appetite.
Measures To Prevent Dyspepsia
- Adhere to fixed meal times.
- Give an interval of 4 to 5 hours between meals.
- Water should be drunk 30 minutes after meals. A sip or two while eating is okay.
- Do not consume excessively spicy or oily foods. Consume more of green vegetables and fruits especially in summer.
- Avoid smoking or drinking if you suffer from digestive problems.
- Go to bed at fixed times.
- Avoid undue stress and tension.
- Exercise moderately everyday.
Natural Home Remedies For Indigestion
For loss of appetite and sour eructations along with other symptoms of indigestion try these :
- Add freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon to 1/2 a glass of water. Add sugar to taste before drinking.
- Take 1 tsp each of ginger juice, lemon juice and ground rock salt. Mix in a glass of water and drink for relief.
- Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper on a pineapple slice and eat this for relief.
- For indigestion , bloating and weak digestive power, eat 250 gms of guava after meals.
- It benefits to eat ripe papaya in dyspepsia. It will also relieve constipation and bleeding piles.
- Drink a glass of carrot juice for relief. It will also strengthen the digestive system and control gas.
- Drinking cauliflower juice mixed with carrot juice benefits in relieving gas, joint and bone pain, indigestion, jaundice and eye weakness.
- Make round slices from a red onion. Squeeze lemon juice over them and eat with meals.
LAMB'S QUARTERS (Chenopodium album)
Drink 1 glass juice made from the leaves. It is very potent against all types of stomach afflictions like gas, indigestion, pain etc.
Taking a glassful daily breaks renal stones and removes them. It also benefits in liver and spleen diseases and piles.
- Add some roasted and ground cumin seeds, salt and ground black pepper to yogurt and eat daily. It also digests food faster.
- Indigestion caused by eating fried and oily things and excess of peanuts are definitely relieved by consuming buttermilk. Add rock salt, roasted ground cumin powder and ground black pepper before drinking.
- Grind 3 grams mustard seeds. Mix in water and drink.
- Grind 2 cloves and put in 1/2 cup of boiling water. Simmer for a couple of minutes, cool and drink. Take 3 times daily.
- Take equal quantities of Asafoetida, fruit of Terminalia chebula (small harad), Rock salt and Carom seeds. Grind all of them. Take 1 tsp 3 times a day with hot water for relief.
- Roast some cumin seeds and add little rock salt to taste. Swallow this with water on empty stomach early in the morning.
- Take 1 tsp ginger juice, 1 tsp lemon juice and add rock salt to taste. Drink this twice a day before meals and once after meals to get relief. It removes gas too.
- Take equal quantities of cinnamon, ginger power, cumin seeds and cardamon. Mix and grind all together. Take 1/2 tsp of this with hot water.
TULSI (HOLY BASIL)
- Take 20 tulsi leaves and 5 black peppercorns. Chew them together. after meals.
- Take 25 gms neem leaves, 3 cloves, 3 blackpeppercorns. Grind all together. Add little sugar. Stir well in little water and drink 3 times a day.
The information provided in this hub is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies or supplements or embarking on a new health regime.
- 106 Constipation Remedies To Help With IBS
Chronic GI Troubles Keep Workers Off the Job TUESDAY, Nov. 7, 2007 (HealthDay News) -- People with some common functional gastrointestinal disorders lose the equivalent of at least one full day of work in every 40-hour workweek, a new U.S....
Some of my other hubs on Health Conditions
- Foods To Consume Or Avoid In Dysfunctional Dyspepsia And Natural Home Remedies For Indigestion
Indigestion or dyspepsia is caused by stress, indiscriminate eating, an erratic lifestyle, etc. It can be treated by following some preventive measures coupled with natural foods readily available in every home. To know how, read on...
- About High Blood Cholesterol And How To Control It Naturally
High blood cholesterol causes high blood pressure, heart diseases and can be a risk factor for a heart attack. To know how cholesterol levels can be reduced naturally, read on...
- Natural Home Remedies To Control High Blood Pressure Or Hypertension
High blood pressure is more of a lifestyle disease than anything else. Even chronic cases respond to a sensible lifestyle change along with natural remedies which are available in every home. To find out which natural food benefits in high blood pres
- 8 Home Remedies For Health Conditions
Here are some very easily available, natural home remedies, to treat a wide variety of health conditions that we encounter in our daily lives. To know more about these easily available home remedies, read on...
© 2012 Rajan Singh Jolly