Natural Toothache Remedy
Kiffir lime leave
Homemade Kaffir lime leave (toothache remedy)
This natural homemade toothache relief remedy, helps stop tooth pain within a few hours after used, and helps relief gum swelling, gum infection, and might prevent teeth from breaking, and cracking, and might help whiten teeth with continued use.
You will need only two (2) things for this toothache remedy, Kaffir lime (Makrut) leave and sea salt.
- 2 - 3 oz. Kaffir lime leave (makrut leave), or about 3 to 4 hand full Kaffir lime leave (makrut leave), more makrut leave, more effective to heal.
- 1 cup Sea salt, you maybe can substitute sea salt with Himalaya salt.
- 6 - 8 cups of water
- Pick the bad leave out and soak good makrut leave in the water with baking soda for at least 15 minutes, then rinse it a few times.
- Mix ingredients together in a pot or sauce pan, and bring it to a boil on medium heat, or medium-low for at least 50 minutes to one hour. If water getting dry, then you can add more water as need it.
- Let the medicine cool down before use the liquid to rinse your mouth the same way as you use your mouth wash.
Leave the lid open a little bit to protect the medicine from over flow
How to us
Pour only the liquid to a cup, for only the amount of liquid that enough to rinse your mouth, switching in the mouth for about 3- 5 minutes before brushing your teeth.
Use it 1 - 3 times a days as need it.
This will last you for about 7 – 9 days. If water become less or dry out, then you can add more water to the mixture.
Warm the left over medicine every day
Note : Warm the left over medicine at least 2 -3 minute every day, for about 7 – 9 days, before you want to discard the unused portion away. Add more water as need it, and leave the unused portion in refrigerator during night time to protect the medicine from rotten.
Where to buy
You can find makrut leave (Kiffir lime leave), at any Asian grocery store, or Asian super market. If you cannot find fresh, then look for one in the freezer. But if you can find fresh one, then you can stock up, and save makrut leave in the freezer for the next time you need it.
Or if you don't know where to buy, then you can go and ask people (owner) at the Thai restaurant, ask them, where they bought makrut leave, and you want to buy some for yourself. They will be able to tell you, where they buy it from, because Thai restaurants are always have makrut leave to put in their curry and tom yom soup.
I got my at Hong Kong market for less than three dollars per pack, but it only 0.09 oz., it about almost two hand full for one pack, but you should buy 2 packs, and use all two packs, because more makrut leave, it's will be more effective to heal your tooth pain, and swelling gum faster and better.
*** The original recipe is from my grandfather, who made this remedy for me on the time that I still little as a child.
How to make Homemade toothache remedy
Sweet Coconut Cream Banana
- Sweet Coconut Cream Banana
Thai banana give many benefits and high in calcium to our body, cooked banana will not lose nutrition with the heat, but will increase more calcium than fresh banana.
Homemade Oat Meal Soap Recipe
- Oatmeal Soap
Handmade oatmeal soap for dry and itchy skin.
© 2016 Aree_36