- Diet & Weight Loss
Natural Weightloss Superfoods
If you're looking for a perfect diet and exercise plan or you have gone through heaps and mounds trying to find a plan that works for you then search no longer because this guide will tell you everything you need to know about what foods you should be eating to see REAL results. And I will even share with you my secret list of hydrophilic foods that will make you feel full longer!
I know the struggle of trying lose or maintain weight - especially after having a baby! So I am here to help you! Just add these foods into your recipes and replace some unhealthy snack options with some of these instead and I guarantee you will be seeing results in no time!
Healthy Snack Alternatives
- Bananas: Bananas have a natural ability to burn fat! And because they are high in potassium they also help you build muscle! ((ADDED NOTE: Recent research also shows that bananas can help prevent and even fight certain types of cancers!))
- Apples: Have you ever heard the saying "An apple a day keeps the doctor away?" well there you have it! Apples are healthy, delicious, and also help aid in your weight loss!
- Nuts: Nuts are packed full of protein! And don't let people steer you the wrong way with them either - Nuts are known for being high in fat (which makes you think "NO!" right?!) Wrong. They are high in the "good fat" that help you keep you feeling satisfied yet pack a powerful punch when trying to lose weight! They also help build muscle and help with regularity! ((NOTE: Almonds are the best!)) And remember when eating nuts that going organic or unsalted is the way to go!
- Green Veggies: Oh yeah - your momma was right about eating your vegetables alright! Green veggies are one of the top guns for burning that unwanted fat! Something also kind of cool to consider is that most green vegetables take more calories to digest than they actually contain! Awesome right! ((Spinach, broccoli, and celery are three of the highest ranked greens for weight loss!))
- Berries: Uhm, who wouldn't want to eat berries for a snack anyhow? They are delicious and packed with vitamins and healthy antioxidants. They also contain quite the load of fiber which like I mentioned above helps with regularity and your metabolism!
- Yogurt: My recommendation would be to stick with greek yogurt - If you don't like the thickness of greek yogurt (like me) all you have to do is whip it till it thins! Yogurt is great because it is full of probiotics which help with regularity and keeping your digestive system healthy and happy! And on top of that recent studies show that probiotics actually help to lower the amount of fat your body absorbs through your digestive tract.
- Grapefruit: Although a majority of people dislike grapefruit it is EXTREMELY good for you! And of course its known for attacking fat cells! (I like drinking grapefruit juice rather than eat actual grapefruit! Simply Grapefruit is my favorite!)
- Instant Oatmeal: Okay so this one is not one of my favorites - because it is so bland! In order for oatmeal to be amazing for you it essentially has to be unsweetened and unflavored. But I like to add a little organic honey or some fresh/organic berries for some sweetness!
- Whole Grains: Whole grain bread and cereals are very beneficial for weight loss - among a ton of others!
- Beans: And legumes are known for helping lose weight, build muscle, and regulate digestion.. Just be careful because the more you eat - the more you toot!!! (Sorry I had too!)
Some Not So Snacky Choices
- Eggs: Packed with protein and vitamin B12 which is essential for the breakdown of fat!((Note: You don't always have to eat the yolk - but your missing out on some much needed lutein!))
- Lean Meats: Always pick white meat over dark meat! The best meats are chicken, turkey and fish. I don't particularly care for fish but tuna is GREAT! As well as salmon because they both have high omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids which help with your metabolism and so much more!
- Soups: Especially homemade but make sure to get low-sodium broth!
- Potatoes: Help keep you feeling satisfied while high in fiber and starch. Just make sure you eat the skin too because it is the best part! Also don't over-indulge and forget the butter!
- Quinoa: Excellent source of protein and fiber.
- Sweet Potatoes: Helps kick cravings to the curb!
- Spaghetti Squash: Low-carb which means no bloating, which also means happy tummies!
Natural Detox Foods
- Artichoke: Purifies and helps protect your liver. Its healthy and great for diets and also works as a mild diuretic.
- Lemons: I buy organic lemon juice and add some to my water everyday. Its also best to drink in the morning before you eat because it will help to balance the acidity foods we eat for the remainder of the day.
- Broccoli Sprouts: Interesting fact: Broccoli sprouts are actually better for you than broccoli itself! Say what! Yeah that's right - Broccoli sprouts are better than broccoli! (I prefer to use broccoli sprouts in my salad.)
- Dandelions: Rich in minerals and antioxidants that support cleansing of the liver and digestive tract.
- Sea Vegetables: Sea vegetables is really just seaweed. Only amazing - with powerful antioxidants that alkalize your blood and help make your digestive system stronger.
- Beetroot: Great source of iron, magnesium, zinc, and calcium. Packed with vitamins B3, B6, and vitamin C for gallbladder and liver health!
Would you try Seaweed?
Dressings, Spreads & More
- Olive Oil: Ahh-mazing as a dressing! Olive oil is great for weight loss as well as for cholesterol and it even helps to boost your immune system!
- Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette: One of my favorites. Its delicious and a healthier choice.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is packed full of protein!
- Whey Powder: I added this one because I have recently stumbled across the fact that it is a HUGEfat burner!
- Cinnamon: Boosts your metabolism - quite a bit in fact!
- Cottage Cheese
Drinks that help burn fat
- Cranberry Juice: My first choice - Although it makes you have to use the restroom a lot!
- Grapefruit Juice: My second choice
- Green Tea
- Red Wine: Yes red wine! Surprised? You shouldn't be - Red wine is actually very good for you and there are a ton of benefits to drinking it too.. The most common being for heart-health but you know what, lets just add weight loss to the list too! (NOTE: I am not telling you that getting drunk everyday is going to help you lose weight!! Red wine is great for you with the exception that you drink it in moderation - like a glass every-night before bed kind of moderation))
Hydrophilic Foods : Stay feeling full longer & Kick those cravings to the CURB!
- Brussel Sprouts
- Kidney Beans
- Chia Seeds
- Dark Chocolate:
I saved Dark Chocolate for last because I wanted you to know that after everything we just went through together - I got your back! I know how important your sweet tooth is - and how hard it is to kick sugar to the curb. Dark chocolate is actually healthy and beneficial for many things. Weight loss, satisfy your sweet tooth, skin benefits, heart benefits - for just a short list. So go ahead and treat yourself and don't feel bad about it later!